Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

weight of shrockwork sliders

Old 10-30-2009, 03:22 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skid plates make it harder

I put the Shrockworks sliders on by myself using a stack of lumber to hold up the other end, but it certainly would have been easier with somebody else helping. The hardest part was dealing with the skid plates. I tried mounting my sliders below the skidplates as the directions say, but that made the slider have a big gap between the slider and the body that was wider at the back then at the front. So then I put the slider between the skidplate and the frame. That took a bunch of wrestling to get it there...and I had to do it twice. Once to mark the holes and then again when installing after drilling the holes. Anyway, a buddy would make it easier but either way the sliders are awesome and worth whatever it takes to get them installed.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:22 AM
pjk
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KenB1010
You know, if your buying the I'll be over to help.

Dam CT is a long way from CA.
if you are ever out this way i am buying
Old 10-30-2009, 11:55 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

I couldn't wait until a friend of mine had time to help me do the install, so I used the box that they shipped in to hold up the end I wasn't working on. Worked out just fine. And now my friend has been put on notice that he can be replaced at any time by a cardboard box! (Not really, of course).

Quick Reply: weight of shrockwork sliders