Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Weekend project what am I missing

Old 03-10-2020, 08:35 AM
JK Newbie

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Weekend project what am I missing

Swapping 5.13 gears Yukon, rear trutrac lsd in the 44, front d30 is getting an arb, front artec truss kit, axle sleeves, trac bar drop bracket? Yes I know I’m throwing money into a d30 but that’s all funds allow at the moment. As far as axle sleeves what’s your opinion on press in verse weld in? And yes I know most people say it’s a waste of time and money but who cares. Right now I’m running a 3.5” lift with an 1.25” body lift with 15” wheels wrapped in 35’s. My cousin who does gears and what not is flying in from Georgia to help so that end is covered and I have a good welder and gas. Not trying to throw a lot of money at this right now and looking to keep this little project under 3k. I also already have onboard air so that’s no issue.

pic for views

Old 03-10-2020, 08:44 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

If you're in a position where you'll already have everything out, I'd go ahead and drill your holes and weld the sleeves in that way. Doing it that way you end up with more strength because you'll fuse the two together instead of having one sitting inside the other.

Also, if you've got everything out, you didn't mention your ball joints- are they already refreshed and gussets in? Having the axle out from under the vehicle makes for a good time to take care of things like that and ensure the welds are solid.

Quick Reply: Weekend project what am I missing