Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: Which option should I go with?
Option 1
44.44%
Option 2
55.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Which way to go????

Old 08-08-2009, 05:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by planman
I think the "Big Hat, No Cattle" saying has meaning in Texas as well as in Montana.

A rig on a high end 3.5" lift with 35s without axle upgrades, regearing, lockers, etc. is more for looks than for wheeling--Big Hat, No Cattle.

With your 2.5" lift, you can run 35s with no problems. Spend the money on the Cattle before the Big Hat.
Haha, well said. Option 2 is probably the way I'm going to go. Then getting the lift and stuff next summer hopefully. Its still pretty capable with the way its set up right now, and the lockers will only help that.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:36 PM
JK Newbie

option 3 : upgrade to used rubicon axles
Old 08-08-2009, 06:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeepdaddy
option 3 : upgrade to used rubicon axles
Yeah, I'm still debating whether to get a 44 for the front or just upgrade the 30. Even if I get the 44, I'll probably need to get axles, sleeve it, and put the c2 gussets on anyway.

Quick Reply: Which way to go????