Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

water leak!!!!!!!

Old 01-09-2013, 02:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default water leak!!!!!!!

Hello all . OK every time it rains I get water in the corners of the back of my jeep in the trunk area . Now I think the rear gate is twisted due to the tire on the back . I tried almost everything to stop the leak but is not working . I was thinking of getting a swing are tire carrier to take the pressure away from the rear gate but its pretty expensive . Or just going to a body shop to get it looked at but also very expensive lol . Any ideas before a take any drastic actions ? I'll send pics of wat I'm talking about as soon as it rains again
Old 01-09-2013, 03:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Step 1. Rip out carpeting

Step 2. Drill holes

Step 3. Bedline interior

Step 4. Drink Beer

This probably doesn't help as much as you'd like.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:16 PM
JK Junkie

For the price of going to a body shop just install the tire carrier.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tankatoy
Hello all . OK every time it rains I get water in the corners of the back of my jeep in the trunk area . Now I think the rear gate is twisted due to the tire on the back . I tried almost everything to stop the leak but is not working . I was thinking of getting a swing are tire carrier to take the pressure away from the rear gate but its pretty expensive . Or just going to a body shop to get it looked at but also very expensive lol . Any ideas before a take any drastic actions ? I'll send pics of wat I'm talking about as soon as it rains again
I'd get inside, close the rear glass/gate and have someone use a hose on the roof and rear area to see exactly where the water is entering. Then, I'd get some soft rubber material, similar to what we have on the door edge, and just use some 3M adhesive to install it. Trying to twist the door back to normal is going to be difficult at best.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ronin2120
Step 1. Rip out carpeting

Step 2. Drill holes

Step 3. Bedline interior

Step 4. Drink Beer

This probably doesn't help as much as you'd like.
Where's the like button?

I bedlined just the trunk. That way I don't have any issues. Planning on doing the whole tub before summer. Thw answer from 5150cliff is just what you need to do. I found a similar material on e bay for a few bucks. Used it to correct leaking problem on the door.

Good luck!
Old 01-09-2013, 05:37 PM
JK Freak

I have a friend that just recently got the TF tailgate tire carrier and its very pleased

Still a expensive option but cheaper than a 1000$ + tire carrier bumper combo...if the tailgate is warped that bad you may need a new one...or some body work

And as said before with carpet removal and bedlining...I have my while tub done and i have nothing but good things to say, may be one of my favorite mods

Last edited by Jhouse93; 01-09-2013 at 05:39 PM.

Quick Reply: water leak!!!!!!!