Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Water Jug Storage

Old 06-25-2012, 07:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Water Jug Storage

I am seeking all of your crafty ideas for water jug storage INSIDE of your JK's. Either home made or store bought or a combination of both. I need ideas for storing two, five gallon water jugs, inside the back of a JK.

My main factors to consider are:

* They take up as little space in the back as possible

* The jugs are secure and won't slide around or tip over

* The jugs are fairly easy to access to refill canteens, etc

Any and all ideas, suggestions, advice, and pictures would be very appeciated!!
Old 06-25-2012, 07:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Underneath your seats? Lots of rooms down there.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The cube shaped blue plastic camping jugs would be space efficient because they aren't round. Securing them is another matter at 40 pounds each.

Another possibility is a small RV water tank that sits low and flat - then build a shelf over it to carry other stuff.

RV folks use something called a "Blue Boy". Its a low flat tank used to haul holding tank contents away - but a new one would be fine for fresh water. They come in a 10 gallon size. Google it up.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Freewill
The cube shaped blue plastic camping jugs would be space efficient because they aren't round. Securing them is another matter at 40 pounds each.

Another possibility is a small RV water tank that sits low and flat - then build a shelf over it to carry other stuff.

RV folks use something called a "Blue Boy". Its a low flat tank used to haul holding tank contents away - but a new one would be fine for fresh water. They come in a 10 gallon size. Google it up.
That's some of the advice I am looking for, thanks man!
Old 06-26-2012, 04:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just take two heavy clear plastic bags and put about 8-10 water bottles (bought by the case for under $5) in them and slide them into the space right behind the rear seats in front of the wheel wells. I have never bounced them out of those spaces and they've never incurred a puncture or leak there. I've got two storage bins immediately behind the rear seats that keep the water bottles tucked in there nicely. This way, I've always got fresh water that's easy and inexpensive to access and replenish and all my buddies know they can always grab a bottle from there if they want one. They take up minimal space in an area where it's hard to find things that fit. If you're going to do this, I highly suggest finding some very thick (like contractor bag thick) bags that won't split and send your bottles rolling around in the back. Good, sturdy plastic shopping bags work well too.

Quick Reply: Water Jug Storage