Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

warranty question open for all

Old 08-13-2011, 08:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default warranty question open for all

I have the life time warrenty I'm paying for and as we all know if I do any mods they will void it and not fix anything if they see it to be a problem I wanna mod my jk but I also don't want to pay for shit of shit hits the fan what should I do

Last edited by big c; 08-13-2011 at 08:30 PM.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:08 PM
JK Freak

What was the reason you paid for the lifetime warranty? For me, my biggest concerns are engine and transmission. Those are a little tough for me to repair on my own. So, that's what I would look at the warranty to cover. They will have a hard time saying a suspension lift was the cause of a blown engine. If you supercharge it, they will have an easy time saying the mod caused the blown engine.

I would think if you aren't going hog wild on the modding and creating a super crawler then you are probably safe to do a modest lift and have fun with it.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Lift new wheels bumpers lights u know the works
Old 08-13-2011, 10:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by duneslider
What was the reason you paid for the lifetime warranty? For me, my biggest concerns are engine and transmission. Those are a little tough for me to repair on my own. So, that's what I would look at the warranty to cover. They will have a hard time saying a suspension lift was the cause of a blown engine. If you supercharge it, they will have an easy time saying the mod caused the blown engine.

I would think if you aren't going hog wild on the modding and creating a super crawler then you are probably safe to do a modest lift and have fun with it.
Same here I want a lift like 2.5 or a leveling kit it something but I feel like the dealer will pull some bull so they don't have to fix things
Old 08-13-2011, 10:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by planman
The dealer wants to fix things, but at the same time, the dealer wants to get reimbursed for the work by Chrysler. They don't work for free.

A basic build would be a 2.5" lift with flat flares and 35s, a regear, Superchips programmer (that you unload to stock before you ever visit your dealer), a lighter version of a front steel bumper and a rear tire carrier.

In most cases, you would be fine with this as long as the regear is done properly and warrantied by the 4x4 shop that does the build, and as long as you never leave the Superchips tune in when you go to the dealer.

If you are a jerk to the dealer or dealer techs, or even if you give them a negative customer service rating, they will find an excuse for retribution with almost any kind of modification.

If you are on a first name basis with your service manager, tech, and writer, and you periodically write thank you cards and drop off donuts to them, they might even go the extra mile to warranty something for which Chrysler requires detailed documentation and pictures in the warranty reimbursement request.

In the end, only the engine and the tranny are the big, big ticket items a person would want to cover under warranty. Pretty much everything else, if it breaks or fails, you want to upgrade anyway. In many cases, I prefer to just fix/deal with issues myself instead of taking it in for a leaking top, or some other minor issue.
I see what ur saying I'm just kinda scared because I just got out of a lemon and I wanna do slight mods to my jeep its my dd but I don't wanna fix everything I like that I can pay $100 and it will get fixed but I want to mod my jeep
Old 08-14-2011, 01:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

^ x2 what he said.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brian Rubi8
OMG!

How many warranty threads are you gonna start?
x3, you have countless threads started essentially all asking the same question in one way or another. Really, nobody can tell you whether or not to mod your jeep other than yourself. If you want to, go for it. If you're too worried about warranty and don't feel like doing some work yourself don't. In all your other threads people have given multiple replies and great advice. I'm not sure what else you need to hear?

Sorry if that all came off as a bit harsh, but this is a decision you can make without everyone telling you what do to. IMO I say just do a leveling kit, some 33's, bumpers if you'd like, and call it a day. You should be more than pleased with that, and more than likely will have zero issues. Best of luck to you in your build if you decide to go for it.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Ok thanks sorry for wasting ur time I don't get why it matters to u guys so much just ignore it if u don't like it to complain about it
Old 08-14-2011, 11:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by glomb23

x3, you have countless threads started essentially all asking the same question in one way or another. Really, nobody can tell you whether or not to mod your jeep other than yourself. If you want to, go for it. If you're too worried about warranty and don't feel like doing some work yourself don't. In all your other threads people have given multiple replies and great advice. I'm not sure what else you need to hear?

Sorry if that all came off as a bit harsh, but this is a decision you can make without everyone telling you what do to. IMO I say just do a leveling kit, some 33's, bumpers if you'd like, and call it a day. You should be more than pleased with that, and more than likely will have zero issues. Best of luck to you in your build if you decide to go for it.
I ask a lot because I want a lot of different answers form.different people so trays what I try to do sorry but thank you
Old 08-14-2011, 11:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

WHY did you buy a jeep if your AFRAID of doing mods to it ?!!!!!

Quick Reply: warranty question open for all