Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Warranties and Mods

Old 08-25-2014, 01:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought a life time warranty with my Rubi. It clearly states it will cover any parts purchased and installed at my dealership. I am considering a mopar lift for that reason only. They are fixing my reverse lights right now and are working up a quote for the Mopar 2" and 4" lift. The price might make me not care about the warranty lol , I'll let ya know what price they come up with.
Old 08-25-2014, 01:26 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kevinlee
I bought a life time warranty with my Rubi. It clearly states it will cover any parts purchased and installed at my dealership. I am considering a mopar lift for that reason only. They are fixing my reverse lights right now and are working up a quote for the Mopar 2" and 4" lift. The price might make me not care about the warranty lol , I'll let ya know what price they come up with.
That fails the logic test. You could buy 44" tires through your dealer and blow up your axles every weekend. I sincerely doubt the warranty will cover that. Might want to find some fine print on what is defined as a part.

I don't recall which forum, but someone had purchased a Mopar cold air intake from a dealer. Long story short, the mopar intake didn't seal well and the person ended up with a hydro locked motor (all of which was not covered by the warranty).
Old 08-25-2014, 01:27 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kevinlee
Oh, you said it covers the parts. Probably doesn't cover what the parts break

Quick Reply: Warranties and Mods