Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Warning not to buy the Warrior Products trunk from JCWhitney... I got ripped off.

Old 08-19-2015, 08:54 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JE8154
If it sounds too good to be true it probably is. If this was the only site selling it for $300 and not $600. Why would you think that they were just offering an amazing half price deal? You didn't think to call and verify? You just figured you would take advantage of whatever idiot wrote the item description.
This is completely irrelevant to be honest. Whether or not it may have been "too good to be true"....it was...and still is....listed as including the relocation kit for that price. That being the case, the seller needs to own up to their mistake, send the buyer what he paid for and fix the ad for future potential buyers. And then if they want to take recourse against "whatever idiot wrote the ad" so be it. It's not worth the cost of the company's reputation to send this particular buyer what he paid for.

Sorry to hear this, OP. Hope you get it straightened out, man!

FYI....as listed on the site:

The Lockable Storage Trunk replaces the factory storage compartment in the rear tub of the JK Wrangler with a larger, stronger, more secure trunk. Constructed of 16-gauge HRPO steel and black powder-coated for durability, the trunk comes in a textured finish. Installation of this unit requires an exhaust relocation kit, included, for ample clearance to the vehicle’s exhaust system. The off-road exhaust kit relocates the straight mid-pipe section of the muffler, and comes with a high-clearance tailpipe. This 2.5" diameter muffler includes a heat shield to protect the fuel evaporator canister, and to keep heat off of the vehicle floor.

Last edited by SH0RTBUS; 08-19-2015 at 08:57 AM.
Old 08-19-2015, 09:12 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RubiBus
This is completely irrelevant to be honest. Whether or not it may have been "too good to be true"....it was...and still is....listed as including the relocation kit for that price. That being the case, the seller needs to own up to their mistake, send the buyer what he paid for and fix the ad for future potential buyers. And then if they want to take recourse against "whatever idiot wrote the ad" so be it. It's not worth the cost of the company's reputation to send this particular buyer what he paid for. Sorry to hear this, OP. Hope you get it straightened out, man! FYI....as listed on the site: The Lockable Storage Trunk replaces the factory storage compartment in the rear tub of the JK Wrangler with a larger, stronger, more secure trunk. Constructed of 16-gauge HRPO steel and black powder-coated for durability, the trunk comes in a textured finish. Installation of this unit requires an exhaust relocation kit, included, for ample clearance to the vehicle’s exhaust system. The off-road exhaust kit relocates the straight mid-pipe section of the muffler, and comes with a high-clearance tailpipe. This 2.5" diameter muffler includes a heat shield to protect the fuel evaporator canister, and to keep heat off of the vehicle floor.
^^^^^^What he said!
Old 08-19-2015, 12:22 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RubiBus
This is completely irrelevant to be honest. Whether or not it may have been "too good to be true"....it was...and still is....listed as including the relocation kit for that price. That being the case, the seller needs to own up to their mistake, send the buyer what he paid for and fix the ad for future potential buyers. And then if they want to take recourse against "whatever idiot wrote the ad" so be it. It's not worth the cost of the company's reputation to send this particular buyer what he paid for. Sorry to hear this, OP. Hope you get it straightened out, man! FYI....as listed on the site: The Lockable Storage Trunk replaces the factory storage compartment in the rear tub of the JK Wrangler with a larger, stronger, more secure trunk. Constructed of 16-gauge HRPO steel and black powder-coated for durability, the trunk comes in a textured finish. Installation of this unit requires an exhaust relocation kit, included, for ample clearance to the vehicle’s exhaust system. The off-road exhaust kit relocates the straight mid-pipe section of the muffler, and comes with a high-clearance tailpipe. This 2.5" diameter muffler includes a heat shield to protect the fuel evaporator canister, and to keep heat off of the vehicle floor.
Yes that's all well and good, but they aren't going to give this guy $300 because they made a mistake listing a product. They list the exhaust mod alone at $315, which is more than just the trunk. Anyone with any sort of common sense would know that someone ****ed up. I'm sure one call when talking to a supervisor would clear this up and get his return processed without having to talk to a lawyer. Grow a set of nuts and call the company and get it straightened out for yourself instead of having your lawyer and the credit card company get your refund processed. I would say use your brains but I think that's a lost cause.
Old 08-19-2015, 01:29 PM
Former Vendor

We are sorry to hear that you've had a bad experience with one of our vendors. We strive to maintain accurate data. While this data is accurate on the Warrior Products website, it may not be on all Warrior vendors websites. We make it a point to consistently audit the accuracy of data on all our vendors websites, sending data changes and corrections whenever mistakes are found. Not all vendors choose to complete these changes in a timely manner.

We have reached out to this specific consumer and have offered to assist in any manner we can. While we cannot control the data listed on other businesses websites, we are able to provide customer service to the end users of our products. Your satisfaction is very important to us!
Old 08-19-2015, 05:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Warrior products. Pls update. I'm very curious how u helped this customer. Seems like a generic "form letter" to me.
Old 08-19-2015, 09:37 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ripa777
Warrior products. Pls update. I'm very curious how u helped this customer. Seems like a generic "form letter" to me.
don't see it as warrior's responsibility to do anything. Vendor's error/lie/false ad. simple call to credit card company would solve all problems. No company with Internet sales is going to risk losing their service over a couple hundred dollars.
Old 08-20-2015, 03:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

ditto
Old 08-20-2015, 07:11 AM
Former Vendor

We offered the customer a significantly discounted price on the Exhaust Kit w/ Tailpipe. We also offered the customer a significantly discounted price on the Lockable Storage Trunk + Exhaust Kit w/ Tailpipe, in the case that the customer wished to return the product to the vendor.

No, what was written above was not a generic "form letter". We strive to maintain professionalism when speaking about our vendors and sometimes it can sound a bit 'generic'.

We realize that this is not our problem or obligation, but it is essential for us to do our best to help every consumer that has purchased, or may purchase Warrior products. Excellent customer service is very important and we make every attempt to excel in that area.
Old 08-20-2015, 07:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yes that's all well and good, but they aren't going to give this guy $300 because they made a mistake listing a product. They list the exhaust mod alone at $315, which is more than just the trunk. Anyone with any sort of common sense would know that someone ****ed up. I'm sure one call when talking to a supervisor would clear this up and get his return processed without having to talk to a lawyer. Grow a set of nuts and call the company and get it straightened out for yourself instead of having your lawyer and the credit card company get your refund processed. I would say use your brains but I think that's a lost cause.
That's illegal, it's called bait and switch. Mistake or not by law they have to honor it. Same thing happened with an airline and accidentally sold Tickets to Hawaii and back for like $100. They were forced to honor it. If it was you, I'm sure you'd be singing a different tune. Let them walk all over you and they will keep doing it. If they don't rectify the situation sometimes they need a little encouragement to do so.
Old 08-20-2015, 08:52 AM
JK Newbie

Do you even read things before you post them or are you just an a**hole that likes to complain about people's post. Before you tell someone "grow a set of nuts and call the company" maybe you should read the original post that said he did talk to the company and they told him he could send it back, but at his expense. Basically Jc Whitney told him yes we messed up but you have to pay to fix it. That is why he is asking for help and made the thread. As far as "use your brains," it sounds like you are the only one on this thread that isn't using one.

Last edited by spadgett3015; 08-20-2015 at 09:10 AM.

Quick Reply: Warning not to buy the Warrior Products trunk from JCWhitney... I got ripped off.