Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Warning not to buy the Warrior Products trunk from JCWhitney... I got ripped off.

Old 08-18-2015, 03:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Warning not to buy the Warrior Products trunk from JCWhitney... I got ripped off.

I bought the warrior products trunk with exhaust relocation kit for about $300. Their webpage says it comes WITH the exhaust relocation kit. It says it in the title, the description and even shows photos of the included exhaust relocation kit.

Link to the webpage... Warrior Products Jeep Lockable Storage Trunk With Exhaust Relocation Kit - JCWhitney NOTE: I have screencaps in case they change the webpage.

I was delivered a box that only had the trunk. No exhaust relocation kit. I was basically told it was a mistake on their part for listing it on the online catalog that way and that the exhaust installation kit was not included. I would have to pay upwards of another $300 for it . But said that IF I wanted... I could return it for a refund but I would have to pay the shipping (which for all I know will cost $50-$100 bucks or more because it is large and heavy).

So..... I'm prettymuch screwed at the moment. I bought something I didnt fully get. Can't install without paying more money for an installation kit, or I can send it back for $50-$100.

Just posting this as a warning to other jeepers out there so they dont get screwed as well.

Note: I posted this here because it is a modification option for a JK and I didnt know where else to post it. If it needs to be moved or reposted in another forum... please let me know and I will do it.

Last edited by Dirtymoney; 08-18-2015 at 03:24 PM.
Old 08-18-2015, 04:27 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If the vendor is unwilling to work with you I would contact my credit card company and let them deal with it.
Old 08-18-2015, 04:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OH9JK
If the vendor is unwilling to work with you I would contact my credit card company and let them deal with it.
I would do the same. Dispute it with your credit card.
Old 08-18-2015, 06:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, call your CC company and get them involved. I've had to do that with a few vendors that don't live up to there side of a sale
Old 08-18-2015, 06:44 PM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Absolutely open and shut case. Dispute the CC company will put it on hold and contact JC and I'll bet it gets resolved. Either way, you'll be out nothing. If you end up installing it, I did a write up on that a couple of years ago on here somewhere.
Old 08-18-2015, 09:09 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow... First time I've seen a post this legit regarding getting screwed. Obviously, contact your credit card company and they'll get your money. That said, it's total BS and I'd make sure they knew it.
Old 08-19-2015, 04:20 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it sounds too good to be true it probably is. If this was the only site selling it for $300 and not $600. Why would you think that they were just offering an amazing half price deal? You didn't think to call and verify? You just figured you would take advantage of whatever idiot wrote the item description.
Old 08-19-2015, 04:58 AM
JK Freak

Their website still has the trunk and relation combo advertised. They have done nothing to retify their "error". I would let them know that if they don't honor their add and ship you the remainder of your order you will seek legal remedies. You need to do this in writing. A lawyer will only you charge you about $50 to send this letter for you.

Remember: From a legal standpoint, "If it ain't documented, it never happened."
Old 08-19-2015, 08:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Call the Credit Card folks and file a complaint with the BBB.
Old 08-19-2015, 08:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Old Guard
Call the Credit Card folks and file a complaint with the BBB.
I agree, that's BS!!

Quick Reply: Warning not to buy the Warrior Products trunk from JCWhitney... I got ripped off.