Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Warning Light Brake

Old 01-05-2017, 05:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warning Light Brake

Over the last few weeks on my 07 JK my brake light has been coming on at random times. It dings and the word brake appears in my dash for a few seconds then it will go away. I have no idea where to start looking. I thought that light dealt with the emergency brake and it is not engaged. Any thoughts
Old 01-05-2017, 05:14 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

It will also come on when the brake fluid in the reservoir is low.
Before it comes on steady, it will come on at "random" times, such as when making a turn.
Old 01-05-2017, 09:02 AM
Super Moderator

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Also will come on if you have issues with your ABS system. The brake light does indicate the parking brake is on but the main purpose is to let you know there is an issue with the brake system.

R/
Will
Old 01-07-2017, 02:26 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been searching my brake light issue for awhile now. Check fluid level in the reservoir first. Then check the fluid level sensor on the side of the reservoir. Mine was faulty causing the light. I still haven't ordered one yet as my jeep is going to the dealer for the airbag recall on Monday.

Quick Reply: Warning Light Brake