Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Warn zeon 10-s installed in aev premium bumper

Old 06-24-2013, 05:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by evoviii2jk
No. It is perfectly centered.
You've pretty much taken the path that I'm heading down. I ordered the AEV light brackets, thinking I was going to throw some 6" Pro Comp lights up there or something. Ended up ordering a 12" flood/spot pro series light bar instead. Claiming 7000 raw lumens so it should be enough! Especially considering that I just ordered a set of the Rigid Industries Dually D2's for the windshield a couple of days ago. What size is that light bar, and how did you go about mounting it to the AEV light brackets?
Old 06-24-2013, 05:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by evoviii2jk
No. It is perfectly centered.
I can see that the spool is off to the driver side same as mine, evoviii2jk. The guy who start this thread centered it perfectly, if you look at the third picture down on his post you can see the scratches he got from the bracket. I can speak on that my 2010 JK bracket physically touched the winch, i didn't want that steel bracket to rub a hole in the aluminum casing so I trimmed it to leave 1/4" gap. Maybe the newer JK's have no issues with the 10-S and frame bracket. As for the AEV front bumper you purchased it is a Gen 2 style, Gen 1 only came with the hoop. They were produced until 2011 maybe 2012. My bumper was is 2012 so I have the Gen 2 bumper design. AEV has a write up on how to identify which bumper is which they even talk about the MW3 bumper winch differences.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jsukey
Hey evoviii2jk , do you have the part number for the plate you put on? It's really going to irritate me if I order the wrong plate and discover it in the middle of the install! As far as another plate...I honestly can't tell you. The bumper was all put together whenever we installed it, except for the tow hook brackets. I can peek in there whenever I get back and find out though.
I don't have the part number for the plate. I can't imagine you'd end up with one of the older ones if buying now. AEV basically reverse engineered the plate for the zeon winches. Maybe call Northridge4x4 just to be 100%

My light bar is a 10" rigid sr in driving. All I did was put the mounting tabs on and mark the holes, then I went to the bumper and marked there. It is a hair wider then the mounting holes on the light tabs. Just had to drill new holes. Light tabs are way cheaper to replace if I want then drilling into the bumper
Old 10-31-2013, 05:44 AM
JK Newbie

Any of you guys that have pulled this off I was wondering if their is any room to shim (make a ½ inch bracket) the bumper and winch plate forward enough to be able to allow for grill removal with out removing the winch. Just getting the parts ready to do this same install..
Old 10-31-2013, 05:55 AM
JK Freak

Why would you need to remove the grill? As I remember I don't think you can move the winch plate out without a lot of fab work

Quick Reply: Warn zeon 10-s installed in aev premium bumper