Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Warn Winch Installation - Warn Power Interrupt Kit

Old 01-02-2013, 01:49 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warn Winch Installation - Warn Power Interrupt Kit

I posted a recent thread asking how people route their winch cables from the winch back to the battery. thanks again for those who responded, but I did want to follow-up regarding one person's post stating to fuse the winch. I'm not certain how to do this, but after researching a bit it seems the Warn Power Interrupt Kit should suffice. It looks like a fairly easy kit to install and provides a switch in the cabin. Basically, turn it on when you need to winch and leave it off when you do not winch. I'm a little concerned I do things right after reading several posts about burning down your Jeep, but I think that may be due to the postive wire becoming frayed and arcing which could cause a fire I suppose (perhaps more probable when running a cable to the back of the Jeep). Given the short length of cable from the front bumper to the battery and given the cable is protected, I'm thinking the Warn power interrupter kit should suffice.

This is my first winch, so any feedback welcome.

thanks!
Old 01-02-2013, 03:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When i install my Warn winch i ran the wires in a sleeve to protect them.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:53 PM
JK Freak

Not sure how much the power interrupter costs, but I would suggest looking into an spod, which sounds like it would to the same thing, plus hook 4-5 more devices to it
Old 01-02-2013, 06:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Spod specifically cautions against routing a winch through its product. You could use a battery disconnect switch or a heavy duty auto resetting circut breaker. Ask Warn what they suggest is problaby the safest answer.

Quick Reply: Warn Winch Installation - Warn Power Interrupt Kit