Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

warn winch arc when used

Old 07-15-2012, 05:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default warn winch arc when used

Today i was helping a Friend pull a big bush out of his mom yard . The cable got hi on one end arc twice on the bar that run across the spool. The winch works fine did not quiet. Look at the end were the wire screws into the drum it is rusting some. It looks like it could be ground problem . Has anyone had this problem or knows way it would happen. The winch is hook up straight to the battery.
Old 07-15-2012, 05:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'll ask a stupid question....you do have a cable hooked up to the ground on your battery as well?
I would check that connection because the winch can ground itself out with the carrier, cable and a few other places with just a power cable to the battery with no battery ground cable installed.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PhantomRescue
I'll ask a stupid question....you do have a cable hooked up to the ground on your battery as well?
I would check that connection because the winch can ground itself out with the carrier, cable and a few other places with just a power cable to the battery with no battery ground cable installed.
It has a ground straight to the battery . Thinking about grounding it to the jeep to.

Quick Reply: warn winch arc when used