Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Is the Warn VR10000 a Centered Winch

Old 10-08-2016, 03:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is the Warn VR10000 a Centered Winch

Hi All,

Before anyone flames me I've used the search function and haven't turned up anything.

I have a 2015 Hard Rock bumper and am going to install a VR10000 on it but I need to know if I need a centered or off set winch plate, any help would be appreciated!
Old 10-08-2016, 03:39 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not really sure if you're asking about how it lines up with a bumper or fair lead.

If you have those stock stamped steel bumpers the zeon winches which are centered do fit but it is a tight squeeze. Some bumpers require modification to run the zeon.

With the m or vr series winches they are offset with the gearbox all on one side with the solenoid.

Both different front bumper I've rocked had multiple mounting positions on the winch plate to account for the different setups.
Old 10-08-2016, 07:48 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks. I have the stock Rock Hard/X/10th bumper, and I need to order a Mopar winch fairlead adapter. They offer a centered and off-centered adapter--does this mean I need the off-centered plate?
Old 10-09-2016, 12:20 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sbaglin
Thanks. I have the stock Rock Hard/X/10th bumper, and I need to order a Mopar winch fairlead adapter. They offer a centered and off-centered adapter--does this mean I need the off-centered plate?
Go to the Maximus III site and look at their mount. They do a much better job explaining the winch fitment.
Old 10-09-2016, 07:23 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks. I've been to their website and they say that the warn VR series fits in both of their plates, both centered and off-centered.

Quick Reply: Is the Warn VR10000 a Centered Winch