Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Warn Tire Carrier Dimensions

Old 10-28-2009, 07:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warn Tire Carrier Dimensions

Does anyone have the dimensions for the Warn tire carrier (pt# 74299)??? I have the rear bumper, but no carrier, and am going to make my own... hopefully. Any info or up-close pics would help out tons. I just cant justify the 600.00 bucks when the materials are only a fraction of that... Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	warn tire.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	32108  
Old 10-28-2009, 05:26 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jbuckles
Does anyone have the dimensions for the Warn tire carrier (pt# 74299)??? I have the rear bumper, but no carrier, and am going to make my own... hopefully. Any info or up-close pics would help out tons. I just cant justify the 600.00 bucks when the materials are only a fraction of that... Thanks
which dimensions do you need? tube thicknesses? overall height/width? height of tire mount? etc.?
Old 10-28-2009, 05:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

LOL !!! I need everything... I have only seen pics online like the one I posted, not too informative.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

I love Warn products. Very stout stuff.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Built it...

Here are my pics.. I built it with my buddy in his garage then came home and finished it this weekend. Since I decided to bedline it, I did the front too. (sorry, some pics are from my phone)

I couldn't be happier with the way it turned out!
Old 11-28-2009, 08:34 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow thats awsome, i have the warn and love it, but damn i have got to learn how to weld. what did u coat it with, the warn coating sucks.

i can get some measurements tomorrow for you.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

LOL well its a little late on the measurements, but thanks! I could have bought the tire carrier for like 450 new, but decided to spend 60 bucks on some steel instead and make it myself. I did the bumpers and carrier with the roll on dupli-color roll on bed liner. I then put a final coat on with the spray can version... I also did my grille, door entry guards, and hinges with the spray... It looks pretty sweet, I must say!!! Thanks
Old 11-28-2009, 08:52 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jbuckles
LOL well its a little late on the measurements, but thanks! I could have bought the tire carrier for like 450 new, but decided to spend 60 bucks on some steel instead and make it myself. I did the bumpers and carrier with the roll on dupli-color roll on bed liner. I then put a final coat on with the spray can version... I also did my grille, door entry guards, and hinges with the spray... It looks pretty sweet, I must say!!! Thanks

haha, whops, i didnt see it was you that posted the pics. it is very sweet man!!i think this will be my last crown an coke for the night
im going to recoat the bumpers and carrier myself. i already have done herculiner inside jeep so i may stick with that.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sounds good, its really not that bad n it beats the hell out of the Warn finish! Good luck and CHEERS!!!

Quick Reply: Warn Tire Carrier Dimensions