Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

WARN rock crawler v.s. Rugged Ridge stinger

Old 12-14-2011, 07:03 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WARN rock crawler v.s. Rugged Ridge stinger

So I cant decide on what to get, just when i think I have it all figured out, WARN makes an awsome bumper. Which one does everyone like better and I would love to hear from people who use these products. Thanks

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12022_1004_07.htm

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12052_907_07.htm
Old 12-14-2011, 09:33 AM
JK Freak

Bump anyone
Old 12-14-2011, 09:35 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Rugged Ridge bumper and I love it. Ordered the stinger for it so it should be coming in tmorrow.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had the Rugged Ridge XHD with stinger. The stubby by itself is bullet proof, however my experience with the stinger is not so good.
The stinger looks good, one of the best looking set ups I've seen, but it is weak as shit. My stinger buckled by just a simple push up on a ledge. I do not believe they use DOM tubing for their stingers.
So if you are going for looks, it would work. But if your a crawler, you might want to look at Warn or other vendors.

I currently run the PSC bumper/stinger now. Have ran that stinger much harder then the Rugged Ridge one and has held up well.
A buddy in my Jeep club has the RR Stinger and that has the same damage that mine had. Hopefully RR has improved their designs, or at least using better quality material.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Can't beat Warn products...period.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:56 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by helnbk
I had the Rugged Ridge XHD with stinger. The stubby by itself is bullet proof, however my experience with the stinger is not so good.
The stinger looks good, one of the best looking set ups I've seen, but it is weak as shit. My stinger buckled by just a simple push up on a ledge. I do not believe they use DOM tubing for their stingers.
So if you are going for looks, it would work. But if your a crawler, you might want to look at Warn or other vendors.

I currently run the PSC bumper/stinger now. Have ran that stinger much harder then the Rugged Ridge one and has held up well.
A buddy in my Jeep club has the RR Stinger and that has the same damage that mine had. Hopefully RR has improved their designs, or at least using better quality material.
Thanks I actually heard this same thing about the stinger but wasnt sure if it was just a fluke thing. Also I do plan to do more crawling soon as my new wheels and tires come in, in Jan. . This is why I actually started this thread.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Rugged Ridge makes great products, just wasn't impressed with the Stinger. I will be purchasing their new snorkel when that comes out.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:24 PM
JK Super Freak

I like the warn between the two. I think the rugged ridge doesn't look that good my favorite bumper is the lod stinger.

Quick Reply: WARN rock crawler v.s. Rugged Ridge stinger