Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Warn Rock crawler bumper, stinger??

Old 12-16-2009, 10:17 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warn Rock crawler bumper, stinger??

I am consistantly impressed with the enginuity and knowledge from all you guys on here. So I was hoping you guys might be able to offer some input and ideas

I currently have the Warn Rock Crawler bumper. It's a great bumper has the winch on it good mount spots for my auxilry lights, it works out pretty well. Those were the things I wanted when I got it, I didn't want a stinger.

NOW, I'd like a stinger

I really like the style of the Rugged ridge XHD stinger. I'm not very excited about the brush gaurd one for the Warn bumper.

Has anyone mounted a stinger like that to the warn bumper? I thought about picking something like that one up and welding it on, but then what if you want to take it off? Also I'm not sure how it'd line up.

I'd prefer not to buy a new bumper.....unless I can find the right stubby that will mount my 7inch lights and winch with the right stinger....and I have a buyer for my bumper

Thanks!!
Old 12-16-2009, 10:50 AM
JK Junkie

Since most front bumpers mount to the same place, you should be able to add that stinger with no welding and minimal modification.

If bolt studs are welded invisibly on the back side, cut em off and drill through where they were. Use a high grade steel bolt to go through stinger mounts and bumper to frame.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:19 PM
JK Freak

Not sure how big of a stinger your looking for but I have the extra hoop for the Warn bumper and love it.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:21 PM
JK Newbie

I wasn't really sure about drilling thru the Warn bumper. I was a little worried about the structrual integrity haha but seriously....just a little.

The picture of the warn stinger on your bumper makes it look a little bigger. I think I want a little more ofa point. A little more agressive.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:26 PM
JK Super Freak

I like AlmightyCrash's idea. Instead of replacing everything, go to a metal fabricator or 4x4 shop and have them fab you a bolt-on stinger to go over the bumper. It should'n't cost more than a couple hundreds, quite possibly less too considering it's a simple design and does not require a lot of materials to make.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:59 PM
JK Newbie

I wonder if we could find a mounting place behind the bumper or something with bolt holes already it could mount to.

I just wish I had the tools and such to make one the way I wanted
Old 12-16-2009, 01:02 PM
JK Junkie

I didn't even necessarily mean to fab one.
Get the RR one, or another that would bolt on.
I think I saw a more expensive one from poison spyder, but it was kinda cool.
I'm sure others have them available too.

But honestly, if you like the RR, go with it.
They are sponsors now, contact them through this site and see if they can cut you a deal on a stinger by itself.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:11 PM
JK Newbie

I check out the poison spider one too!

I thought about getting the RR one and just welding it on.....but I'm not sure. Especially the legality of it. They somewhat complain about that kind of stuff here.

BTW I hope your rebuild is going well Crash.

You got it running right? Haven't seen your thread in a few days.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:26 PM
JK Junkie

I wouldn't weld the RR because that's where your tow points are. Their stinger has your d-ring mounts built into the stinger mount.

As for mine, it's back at the dealer again with another list of problems.
But yes, the engine is running.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:53 PM
JK Newbie

I will most likely have to get a new bumper to accomplish what I want

Glad you got yours running atleast. I hope it all works out!

Quick Reply: Warn Rock crawler bumper, stinger??