Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

warn rear bumper question

Old 08-24-2009, 08:46 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question warn rear bumper question

I did a few searches and didn't see anything:

Anyone have a pic of the warn rear bumper w/o the carrier and the tire in the stock mounting position? Just ordered one w/o the carrier until I actually get bigger tires and I'm wondering if it will fit without an adapter to space it out and up. doesn't seem to have the half moon recess like the stock bumper. or maybe it mounts lower??

any help you guys can offer will be appreciated!
Old 08-24-2009, 09:37 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Being i have had the Warn rear bumper from day 6 months till now i guess i could give your the history and pics.

The second mod to the now Jeep RubyDoo was the rear bumper as i had ripped it off off-roading.

Then came the Warn rear bumper, at the time there were very few rear bumpers available for an 07 JK in augest of 07 so i went with it.
Yes the spare was an issue, then ran into a friend of mine that has a welding shop and made me this adapter after he measured it.

All is well that ends well, I think i still have the adapter somewhere.

I still run this bumper to this very day and plan on running it for MANY years to come, i love it and its been to hell and back and asks for more. This last video is from this past weekend.

Last edited by jkkat; 08-24-2009 at 09:43 AM.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:31 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Wow, thanks JKKAT for the quick reply. this was super helpful I'm going to add the carrier to my order. The retailer said it would fit no problem. guess he was wrong.

Thanks again.

Quick Reply: warn rear bumper question