Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

warn rear bumper inventory turn

Old 07-17-2009, 03:32 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default warn rear bumper inventory turn

I just picked up a warn rear bumper for my JK. The manufacturing date on the box is March 2007!!! Is this normal? Do I need to be worried about any damage to the finish because sat in a box for over two years?
Old 07-17-2009, 03:46 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did the bumper look ok?
Old 07-17-2009, 03:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

open it up and check it out... my RR front shorty had a bend in it where the fairleed is so I called them up and a week later i had a $50 gift card to 4wd.com(where i bought it). Im sure a company like Warn would do something for you. Dont wory about it
Old 07-17-2009, 03:51 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default no worries

All industrial products are run in ''lots'' or groups of the same item. A manufacturer many times will discount to his customers on a volume basis, say take 100 for $75.00 or take 200 for $60.00. If the customers' sale volume permits and he has the means to back up the purchase then he will ''load up'', making a greater margin of profit by carring a higher inventory.....This shows up to the consumer by a seemingly distant production date. As long as the inventory item is wrapped or boxed and kept in a controlled environment you should see NO difference in longevity or quality with an early production item....
Old 07-17-2009, 03:51 PM
JK Freak

In the box is the safest place for that thing! Check that all the paint is in order and there isn't any visible rust. If it has a tire carrier, check that the joint is still lubed well and pivots smoothly. Other than that, mount it up and take some pictures.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:38 PM
JK Freak

No visible rust but the finish was completely flaked off in several large patches on the tire carrier.I returned both.

I will look for another manufacturer's bumper. :(

Thanks for the help everybody.
This leads to another question: will it be ok to mount a 35 on the swing gate for 3 or 4 days of paved road driving? I'm going on vacation soon and will definitely need backseat for a few passengers. No offroading though.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:35 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bikerglen
No visible rust but the finish was completely flaked off in several large patches on the tire carrier.I returned both.

I will look for another manufacturer's bumper. :(

Thanks for the help everybody.
This leads to another question: will it be ok to mount a 35 on the swing gate for 3 or 4 days of paved road driving? I'm going on vacation soon and will definitely need backseat for a few passengers. No offroading though.
It should be fine for a short term endevor.

I love my Warn bumpers..........................
Old 07-17-2009, 09:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just as long as the tire when mounted to the carrier, touches the rubber stops. Thats going to keep it from bending any parts ie. tailgate.

Quick Reply: warn rear bumper inventory turn