Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Warn Powerplant vs other winches plus onboard air

Old 07-23-2010, 05:40 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MOPWR2U
A friend has a Powerplant on his Jeep. I've used it to help him air up his tires, and it works well for that. I understand that the air compressor runs even when you're just using the winch though. Doesn't that make for a rather noisy annoying winch compared to others?
it does not run while using the winch. there is a separate on off switch on the remote to operate the compressor
Old 07-23-2010, 10:06 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brashanic
it does not run while using the winch. there is a separate on off switch on the remote to operate the compressor
Ok, thats good to know, because my friend said the air compressor ran when the winch motor was running. I think the Powerplant is a great set up, ... too bad I couldn't afford it, especially when a Warn M8000 is 1/3 the price.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great feedback all, appreciate it.

Quick Reply: Warn Powerplant vs other winches plus onboard air