Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

WARN PowerPlant Dual Force HP - 9500

Old 12-25-2008, 05:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WARN PowerPlant Dual Force HP - 9500

Anybody have pics of the WARN PowerPlant Dual Force HP - 9500 installed on either an ARB or AEV front bumper to give me a sense of how high it rides. I'd appreciate it.
Old 12-25-2008, 06:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

kafka1983,

The Warn Powerplant will NOT fit into the AEV front bumper. It WILL fit into the ARB however.....

I have the Powerplant installed into an ARB Deluxe front bumper. just check out the photo's in "My Project-JK Gallery"......

Last edited by boots; 12-25-2008 at 06:23 PM.
Old 12-25-2008, 07:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks Boots. Looks great. I appreciate the heads up on the incompatibility with the AEV bumper. Any issues with airflow to the radiator? What mods did you do to to the suspension to support the weight of the ARB bumper and winch? Last question. In MA, we're required to have front license plates too. What did you do to mount your front plate over the fairlead?

Last edited by kafka1983; 12-25-2008 at 07:40 PM.
Old 12-25-2008, 09:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kafka1983
Last question. In MA, we're required to have front license plates too. What did you do to mount your front plate over the fairlead?
The ARB bumper includes a flip-up license plate holder. Very handy!
Old 12-25-2008, 11:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Take a look at this RockHard 4x4 bumper and how the Warn rides. It's what I have on my JK and when sitting side by side with JK's with the ARB and the AEV they both look too big and bulbous in comparison.

The link is http://www.rockhard4x4parts.com/fron...r-full-jk.html

Thew PP sits down nicely between the frame rails.

Take a look at the approach angle. Mine is better than 60%. Look at how clean the bends are.

See how well the Warn PP is tucked in with no unneccessary overhang. The welds are flawless.

It takes the factory foglights and is built out of 1/4" steel. It's hell for stout and the hardest thing about installing it is ripping the old plastic POS off. Unlike the AEV which is an 8 hr install for a shop. And the damnedest thing is the bumper is 799 and you can get it from Northridge with free shipping.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chuck45

Thew PP sits down nicely between the frame rails.
Great pics. How's the access to the winch for repairs? Is it removable w/o taking off the bumper?
Old 12-26-2008, 07:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Great pics. How's the access to the winch for repairs? Is it removable w/o taking off the bumper?
Yes, the winch can be taken off without removing the bumper. The PP has 4 bolts coming up from the bottom and it sits on a well braced plate. The Jeep in the pics is not mine; it belongs to Lewis who owns RockHard. FWIW I kind of like it when the designer and manufacturer of a product for the JK owns and uses a JK. He's had it over the Rubicon too.

At ant rate, on my JK I installed the bumper and then the winch. That made it a one man job. I suppose you could put the winch on the bumper and then the bumper on but you would need a hoist or help.

If you did have to take off the bumper it's a matter of eight easilly accessible bolts.
Old 12-26-2008, 07:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Boots. Looks great. I appreciate the heads up on the incompatibility with the AEV bumper. Any issues with airflow to the radiator? What mods did you do to to the suspension to support the weight of the ARB bumper and winch? Last question. In MA, we're required to have front license plates too. What did you do to mount your front plate over the fairlead?

Used a 3/4" coil spacer to make up for the weight of the Powerplant. As SMP_70 said, it comes with a flip-up plate holder.

No issues with cooling in the Summer heat at all.....
Old 12-26-2008, 11:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks Chuck. Thanks Boots. The WPP with the ARB and Rock Hard both look great. Now all have I have to do is start pricing the whole kit out (with both bumpers) and figure out which rear bumper/tire carrier I want. So many choices, so little time and money.
Old 12-26-2008, 02:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Default So you didn't answer this guys question, Re AEV vs ARB...

But I'm glad you didn't bc I really like this!!!

Quick Reply: WARN PowerPlant Dual Force HP - 9500