Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Warn Power Plant winch install

Old 03-30-2013, 02:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warn Power Plant winch install

I have a 2012 JKU Rubi and I am installing a Warn Power Plant. What is the best way to run the cables from the winch to the battery under the hood. I want to avoid any kinks or abrasion spots that will cut into the cables. Thaks and if you have a pic showing that would be great also.
Old 03-30-2013, 06:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

When I wired my winch I went under the grill and up the passenger side to the battery. Anywhere that I thought it might rub, I used some heater hose that I had left over from another project...cut it to length and split it with a utility knife from end to end so that I could slip it over the cable. When I had it where I wanted it, I secured it with small cable ties on both ends.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gmatir1-Rubicon2011
I have a 2012 JKU Rubi and I am installing a Warn Power Plant. What is the best way to run the cables from the winch to the battery under the hood. I want to avoid any kinks or abrasion spots that will cut into the cables. Thaks and if you have a pic showing that would be great also.
Great winch I have one to you are going to love the compressor it has a higher cfm output than some of the under hood stand alone units. I ran my wires under the grill and up the right side of the radiator support and tight to the right fender. I will try and get some pics.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ran mine about the same as everyone else.

The "intake" hose sits right where the power steering fluid container is.

When you get under the Jeep to run the cables you will the gap that everyone else is running thier cable through. Can't see it too well from the top. I then ran the cables down the left front fender zip tying as I went.

Once you upgrade to a PSC and lose the power steering pump the cables are much easier to route.
Old 03-31-2013, 02:42 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RDH475
Great winch I have one to you are going to love the compressor it has a higher cfm output than some of the under hood stand alone units. I ran my wires under the grill and up the right side of the radiator support and tight to the right fender. I will try and get some pics.
Pics would be great looking from the top there looks like there is no room for much of anything. Thanks

Quick Reply: Warn Power Plant winch install