Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Warn Power Plant

Old 11-04-2013, 01:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warn Power Plant

I have a 10A. Trying to see if this winch fits it due to the steel bumper.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2013 Rubicon 10A & PowerPlant winch

I also have a 10A with the steel bumper. I had the PowerPlant HD on my 2011 (which I removed before trading it in for my 10A). The PowerPlant winch WILL fit but there are some dimensions that are critical for it to fit without having to remove any of the stock bumper. When I purchased mine the salesman told me that the dealer should eventually have the mounting kit available by the end of this year but for a pretty healthy sum of money. It may be available now, I'm not sure since I have designed my own. Mine is made from 1/4" steel and has already been laser cut. The next step is to have a couple of bends put in it, have it welded up then powder coated.

There are a couple of things that must be considered when installing this winch, for example, the vacuum pump must be relocated to accommodate a winch this size. The winch rope feed (fairing) will not match the precut opening in the bumper so that also has to be dealt with. I'm addressing that by laser cutting an overlay that will mount just behind my fairing and matches the indented part of the bumper where the plastic "RUBICON" trim now covers the existing fairing mounting holes.

I LOVE the PowerPlant winch with the on board air. I have ran air power tools with mine with no trouble at all.

KG6SLC aka Eugene

Quick Reply: Warn Power Plant