Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Warn M800 solenoid mount bolt/nut size?

Old 12-02-2012, 04:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warn M800 solenoid mount bolt/nut size?

Anyone know the size of nuts needed for the two bolts on the bottom of the M8000 solenoid box (where you attach the bracket to mount the solenoid box to the winch)? Warn included the bracket to mount the solenoid on the winch but didn't include the nuts that attach the solenoid to the bracket.

(I would normally just take the solenoid box to the hardware store but after I got the winch mounted, I realized I hadn't mounted the ground wire from the solenoid to the bottom of the winch. I didn't want to take the winch back off, so I spent twenty minutes with a tiny wrench--all that would fit--taking off the bolt on the bottom of the winch, attaching the ground wire, then reattaching the bolt. After all that work I'm hoping to avoid taking the ground wire back off. I have a degree in technical communication--seems like I would have learned to read all the way through the instructions before starting an install!)

Thanks,

- Johndan
Old 12-03-2012, 04:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't hear back from the email I sent to Warn's custo so I called them. They said I need M8 x 1.0 nuts. About an hour after I put the nuts on Warn emailed me to say I needed M8 x 1.25 nuts. Not sure which answer was correct, but the 1.0 nuts went on.

Quick Reply: Warn M800 solenoid mount bolt/nut size?