Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Warn Dana 30 hub conversion?

Old 08-31-2007, 03:45 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brokebolt
...Ask around at local Jeep rallies (find the guy with the most grime under his finger nails...
I might BE that guy...you don't know.

...It pays to ask questions...and listen to the answer.

True off road guys...ranch hands, farmers, trailer buggies...
Yes, that is some spectacular advice Mr. The King (Disney Pixar Cars reference).
Old 08-31-2007, 04:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

quote: I might BE that guy...you don't know.

I guess the question is...do you buy your parts or do you make your parts?

Me, Mr. The King...God no!!! There are far better fabricators and engine builders in the world than I...just a guy beating on the wrenches...but thanks for the boost of confidence...even if it wasn't ment as a compliment
Old 08-31-2007, 04:11 PM
JK Junkie

quote: I might BE that guy...you don't know.

I guess the question is...do you buy your parts or do you make your parts?

Me, Mr. The King...God no!!! There are far better fabricators and engine builders in the world than I...just a guy beating on the wrenches...but thanks for the boost of confidence...even if it wasn't ment as a compliment
I guess my point here is: Don't ASSUME anything about anyone on this forum until you have talked to them a bit. There are many VERY experienced Jeepers here. Your previous post was a bit condescending (not sure about the spelling of that one). I'm over it...Have a nice day.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:18 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Renegade
. . .I need to clarify that I would indeed actually like to have manual hubs as an option. . .
That's what I'm after. If I won't drive flanges, it'll be on a trailer queen running D60s.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:03 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Blue
I'm not familiar with the operation of these hubs but the replacement hubs would still turn, its the axles that would stop turning. I need to pull the wheels and look. It seems like the sensors would be on the rotors.
Remove our current hub and there i no where for the sensor to plug into. A conversion is not set up for our speed/esp sensors.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:26 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by IGOFSHN
Remove our current hub and there i no where for the sensor to plug into. A conversion is not set up for our speed/esp sensors.
No shit Sherlock! Why do you think I'm interested in whether or not Warn or someone else is going to make one?
Old 09-04-2007, 09:33 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

quote: I guess my point here is: Don't ASSUME anything about anyone on this forum until you have talked to them a bit. There are many VERY experienced Jeepers here. Your previous post was a bit condescending (not sure about the spelling of that one). I'm over it...Have a nice day.

Isn't that like the pot calling the kettle black???

Seen too many guys put there vehicles in the guard rail and all the can say is Traction control didn't work! Technology is very reactive, I prefer active drive train.

I can see in the very short time I have been here that this board is a lot like the others...too little good information and tons of guys trying to pad their ego's. I expected to see a more tight, friendly community not blasting and the like.

Don't want to get into a huge issue on this, just posting my opinion on Locking Hubs...if they produce a kit I'll buy it.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:38 PM
JK Junkie

Isn't that like the pot calling the kettle black???

Seen too many guys put there vehicles in the guard rail and all the can say is Traction control didn't work! Technology is very reactive, I prefer active drive train.

I can see in the very short time I have been here that this board is a lot like the others...too little good information and tons of guys trying to pad their ego's. I expected to see a more tight, friendly community not blasting and the like.

Don't want to get into a huge issue on this, just posting my opinion on Locking Hubs...if they produce a kit I'll buy it.
Whatever...
Old 09-05-2007, 11:49 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Blue
No shit Sherlock! Why do you think I'm interested in whether or not Warn or someone else is going to make one?
Don't be an ass. You asked a question and I ansered it. Right now nobody has figured out how to change out our hubs. Even if you convert to a D44 you still need to use your current hubs.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:02 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by IGOFSHN
Don't be an ass. You asked a question and I ansered it. Right now nobody has figured out how to change out our hubs. Even if you convert to a D44 you still need to use your current hubs.
I wasn't the one being an ass. You did not answer the question. You stated an opinion.

The question was whether or not Warn or anyone was working on a hub conversion. You did not answer that.

There are guys running Dana 60s in 92-96 fsb. That is supposedly impossible also because of the vss requiring a tone ring. The only rears from the factory set up for the ford vss were the 8.8 and Sterling. The Dana 60 required the addition of a tone ring and sensor.

This may be a little more complicated, but I suspect that if Warn doesn't do it another company will. It doesn't make since to have the diff spinning all the time in the front axle of a daily driver whether its a d44 or d30.

Quick Reply: Warn Dana 30 hub conversion?