Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Warn 9.5ti winch on Smittybilt XRC bumper

Old 01-24-2011, 07:41 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warn 9.5ti winch on Smittybilt XRC bumper

Anyone have this combination? Did you have to trim part of the bumper bracket to get it to fit?
Old 02-13-2011, 08:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ZombJep
Anyone have this combination? Did you have to trim part of the bumper bracket to get it to fit?
Bump, I would like to see this combo too(have the same bumper and thinkin of gettin the same winch).

ZombJep, nice Jeep btw. Looks very similar to mine,same color too
Old 02-13-2011, 08:29 AM
JK Freak

Thanks. I got mine installed and it was kind of a pain in the butt but now that it's mounted I am happy. You have to take the bumper off to install the winch. It's impossible to get to the rear bolts while the bumper is on. I also had to trim the passenger side mount with a dremel to get the winch to fit. Oh yeah, and make sure you have someone to help you lift because with the winch mounted you are looking at about 150lbs. Here's a photo of the completed project.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Winch pic 001.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	126827
Old 04-06-2022, 07:22 AM
JK Newbie

@ZombJep I just picked up a JK a couple days ago. I had a TJ but needed a bigger rig. The JK came with the Smittybilt XRC bumper. I have a Warn 9.5ti on my TJ that I went to put on my JK (since it is a better winch than what came with the JK) and it doesn't fit. It fits on the bumper fine, but when I go to put the bumper back on the JK the winch is too wide on the passenger side and hits the frame rail mount. How did you get your to fit? Did you drill new holes in the bumper over an inch or so the clear the frame rail mount? Did you use a separate winch plate that raised the winch an inch or so? Thanks for your help.

Quick Reply: Warn 9.5ti winch on Smittybilt XRC bumper