Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

wanting lockers!!!

Old 10-18-2009, 07:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aussie Locker

I put an Aussie Locker in my front 30 in May. It works great. There's the expected clicking and popping on tight turns in paved parking lots but if you stay away from the mall this can be avoided. The JK specific Blue thrust washers were to thick to fit in my carrier. I spoke with the Aussie tech and he said the stock ones would be fine if the clearences were good. The JK kit is the only one that comes with different thrust washers. Mines an 07 Sahara with trailer package 4:10 gears. It was an early build (November 06) and the Aussie tech figured Chysler had changed something in the Dana 30's because there were clearence differences, just something to be aware of. Offroad it makes a huge differance. I spent 9 days wheeeling in Moab this month and its a different Jeep than last time I was there. The AA Rubicrawler that Teraflexplus installed for me on the way down kick @ss also. If you can live with the popping buy that used one, for $200 you can't lose.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alaska-HWY JK
I put an Aussie Locker in my front 30 in May. It works great. There's the expected clicking and popping on tight turns in paved parking lots but if you stay away from the mall this can be avoided. The JK specific Blue thrust washers were to thick to fit in my carrier. I spoke with the Aussie tech and he said the stock ones would be fine if the clearences were good. The JK kit is the only one that comes with different thrust washers. Mines an 07 Sahara with trailer package 4:10 gears. It was an early build (November 06) and the Aussie tech figured Chysler had changed something in the Dana 30's because there were clearence differences, just something to be aware of. Offroad it makes a huge differance. I spent 9 days wheeeling in Moab this month and its a different Jeep than last time I was there. The AA Rubicrawler that Teraflexplus installed for me on the way down kick @ss also. If you can live with the popping buy that used one, for $200 you can't lose.
I'm quite happy with mine as well and if you are remotely mechanically inclined and can read you can install it yourself in less than a day, easy.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mvmarketer
I'm quite happy with mine as well and if you are remotely mechanically inclined and can read you can install it yourself in less than a day, easy.
yup...there's even an install video on youtube! Resources galore

Quick Reply: wanting lockers!!!