Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Wanting to Join the 37's Club ;)

Old 08-09-2016, 03:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
Looks good!! I like those custom tube doors you made. You going to powder coat them or bed-line them? I think bed-liner would be easier to touch up but Powder coating would look nicer. Its a toss up on paint. If 6K were to disappear from our accounts and end up on the Jeep.... there would be a dead man... but a Nice Jeep
Thanks! I Bedlined them, powder coat would be sick but too much $$ for my poor ass. I have right around $25 in both sides lol.
Old 08-10-2016, 03:49 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The combo of extra diameter and weight of a 37" tire over a 35" tire is huge when it comes to leverage. Once you cross that 35" line you are way beyond what Jeep intended and engineered. I noticed once I went to 37's braking was not as sturdy as before.. Acceleration was not effected because of re-gear but if you don't you will notice it. Also I started rubbing on things that it did rub on before. Worst part I started to break stuff on trails more.... Lets just face it if you have a sport and want to do the "Black" or "8,9,10" Rated trails your going to have to face fact your going to break stuff eventually. Most of us like to push the limits of our Jeep... once you complete a hard trail you get a "Jeepers High" you feel like your on top of the world and proud of your self. Once you feel that you want to feel like that over and over again. I think thats why most of us enjoy going to different parks we want that new "High"
Old 08-10-2016, 04:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree. One huge thing I've noticed about going to 37s, at least in my case, is it puts you in sort of a purgatory. Trails that were fun before and were challenging are almost too easy, but at the same time, the next step up requires a lot more needed. The potential for a roll over is a lot more therefore a cage and harness is recommended and body damage is almost a given therefor armor is needed. 35s keeps a good balance of capability and street ability.

Quick Reply: Wanting to Join the 37's Club ;)