Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Want a Stinger

Old 10-12-2009, 08:17 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Want a Stinger

Why? Don't really know. Just do. Would it help prevent roll over, sure, keep traffic out of the way? sure. Look cool as hell? Sure (maybe not to you)

So, I have a custom stubby. From the pics, Rugged ridge modular bumper stinger looks like the standard front mount, so, is there any reason it would not fit if I drilled a couple of holes on the top to mount the top bar?

Anyone with it speak up please.

I think it would work... I don't know if I could order just the stinger, but it would be worth a shot...

Anyone know why it might not work?
Old 10-12-2009, 08:25 AM
JK Super Freak

i think the holes you drill just match were your bolts mount to the frame and then you put the stinger on with those lined up holes and bolt it on but im not sure about the upper mounts
Old 10-12-2009, 08:28 AM
JK Super Freak

i have seen people put the rugged ridge stinger onto other bumpers its ok. I would suggest getting the OR-Fab stinger- incredible quality and man is this thing strong!!!
good luck

Click image for larger version

Name:	Copy%20of%20JKfest%20090[1].jpg
Views:	160
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	31489

Name:	IMGP0013[1].jpg
Views:	153
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	31490

Name:	IMGP0017[1].jpg
Views:	145
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	31491
Old 10-12-2009, 08:42 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BBirish
i have seen people put the rugged ridge stinger onto other bumpers its ok. I would suggest getting the OR-Fab stinger- incredible quality and man is this thing strong!!!
good luck

Attachment 31489
That really does look good, but I was hopin' to spend less than 200 and keep my bumper. The front looks like the standard frame mount....

Quick Reply: Want a Stinger