Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Want to hear from those who have a Rough Country 4inch lift

Old 10-23-2009, 04:25 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

And I'm sorry if that sounded harsh, but you shouldn't be the test subject just to see if cambolts are infalible, nothing is, but why take extra chances. The tj cambolts were in the rear, I suspect if they had been in the front and failed, he'd be dead.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The cam bolts will only move a little. Now if the bolts fall out
that's a different story. I actually had my cam bolts come loose. It just made the front end shimmy a bit.

Don't worry about the bolts, your jeep won't handle as good as it would with adj. control arms but it will be fine. The steering will be a little darty but that's it. It also will do just fine wheeling, even on harder trails.

If for some reason you ever want to do away with the cam bolts and put in lca's, all it takes is about 5 minutes with a welder.

Shaun h

Quick Reply: Want to hear from those who have a Rough Country 4inch lift