Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

want to get 35's......one day

Old 04-01-2010, 05:17 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by emg006
I still can't decide what to do, either 15s with 35s or 16s and 33s because of prices. I will have a Sport w/3.73, can't regear just yet, but will do later on probably next year.

What would you all recommend.
i was told you cant put 15's on the jk's not sure why, but i dono if its true, personally i would do 15's and 35's if you can. More tire and less rim is sick
Old 04-01-2010, 05:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmmmm, fake rubicon stickers? .

i would def regear. check with david at northridge4x4. or if your friend knows how to install them, maybe he has a source on parts, too. not sure how that d30 will handle the new gearing. might want to find a cheap, used front d44 and then just regear the rear to 4.10s, until you can afford to regear both and get the beefier front. just my .02.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:25 AM
JK Freak

A lot of people run 15's but some have had clearance issues with the brake calipers. Its hit and miss..
Old 04-01-2010, 05:28 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wazooz2424
hmmmm, fake rubicon stickers? .

i would def regear. check with david at northridge4x4. or if your friend knows how to install them, maybe he has a source on parts, too. not sure how that d30 will handle the new gearing. might want to find a cheap, used front d44 and then just regear the rear to 4.10s, until you can afford to regear both and get the beefier front. just my .02.
hmmmmmm sahara
Old 04-01-2010, 06:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Steven4est
hmmmmmm sahara
a poke at my wifes sahara? yah, thats hilarious! at least we dont pretend its a rubicon. its like putting skyline badges on a civic. its also humorous that you list your tires at 33.5! i guess you add an inch when you measure yourself, too. sad thing is, her sahara is probably more capable offroad than your x is with your A/T tires.

Last edited by wazooz2424; 04-01-2010 at 06:15 AM.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well the first thing I would do is search this website for all
your questions. Chances are it's been asked and answered by other people a 100 times. If you still can't find the answer your looking for, then start a new thread.

I'm not trying to be a dick or a search Nazi but questions like these are beat to death.

Shaun h
Old 04-01-2010, 06:34 AM
JK Freak

a poke at my wifes sahara? yah, thats hilarious! at least we dont pretend its a rubicon. its like putting skyline badges on a civic. its also humorous that you list your tires at 33.5! i guess you add an inch when you measure yourself, too. sad thing is, her sahara is probably more capable offroad than your x is with your A/T tires.

ahh its your wifes jeep, no wonder your pissed! they measure 33.5 so thats what they are? i refuse to argue with a man who has to chat about his wifes jeep on an online forum lol my lifes a little more interesting that that, but feel free to laugh about my decals. i dont claim to be anything mroe than a rubiclone and im proud to have it. If you would like to tell me your sahara is better than my "rubiclone" believe what you want but weboth know the truth.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:35 AM
JK Super Freak

ahh its your wifes jeep, no wonder your pissed! they measure 33.5 so thats what they are? i refuse to argue with a man who has to chat about his wifes jeep on an online forum lol my lifes a little more interesting that that, but feel free to laugh about my decals. i dont claim to be anything mroe than a rubiclone and im proud to have it. If you would like to tell me your sahara is better than my "rubiclone" believe what you want but weboth know the truth.
ummmmm, do you not see where it says i have a rubicon, and she has a sahara?
Old 04-01-2010, 06:37 AM
JK Freak

ummmmm, do you not see where it says i have a rubicon, and she has a sahara?
sure man sure, geeze cant believe youd go through all the trouble to change that haha
Old 04-01-2010, 06:41 AM
JK Super Freak

sure man sure, geeze cant believe youd go through all the trouble to change that haha
i didnt change anything. this is like watching the special olympics. besides adding recent mods, my sigs always been the same, since i joined the forum. even when you first mentioned the sahara thing.

bottom line is i was trying to give you real advice in my original reply, just not sure why you would say you have a "rubiclone"? the sticker makes it a clone? i think having a rubicon sticker on anything thats not a rubicon is lame. thats my opinion, take it or leave it. if you want to clone a rubicon, at least get the e disco, and front and rear lockers. the sticker doesnt make the rubicon a rubicon.

Quick Reply: want to get 35's......one day