Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Want 35s But Don't Have A Lift Kit? No Problem!

Old 06-28-2016, 03:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Maertz
Haha im just feeding the fire. To each his own. In all reality feel you could do 40s on zero lift with enough fab work. I have wheeled with super low buggies and highly lift rigs with suck downs and such. They both rocked its all about builds and what you want.
I'm doing the same thing. It's pretty funny from where I sit. I could care less about impressing anyone. The pic that I posted is coming down Moab Rim trail and my buddy taking the picture was telling me I should turn right, which is a few hundred foot drop to the highway, and maybe the Colorado River if you bounce just right. Didn't think about it, but it worked well with someone who immediately started running their mouth about my Jeep, knowing nothing about it. I call that a win!

Yes, my suspension isn't stock, and I outgrew 33's back in high school myself. For what it is, it doesn't sit that much higher, but is a monster offroad, which is why people are supposed to modify suspension, right?

If they don't want to go to Moab, let's go run the Rubicon instead. I'm game!
Old 06-28-2016, 03:07 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default dont be such a thin skinned looser

this thread is about flat fenders moon buggy, no one cares about your 40" tires or your opinion if it has nothing to do with thread . You obviously enjoy arguing about jeeps that arnt set up the way you set up yours. silver and blue is fugly its kinda a shame a nice jeep was turned into such a useless off road moon buggy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	32923416.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	650926  

Last edited by jeepmojo; 06-28-2016 at 03:12 PM.
Old 06-28-2016, 03:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
this thread is about flat fenders moon buggy, no one cares about your 40" tires or your opinion if it has nothing to do with thread . You obviously enjoy arguing about jeeps that arnt set up the way you set up yours. silver and blue is fugly its kinda a shame a nice jeep was turned into such a useless off road moon buggy
I have flat fenders jeepdodo. You guys wrecked this thread long before I made a comment about 35's being a little bit late in regards to the 37" thread. You started running your mouth at me over and over again after that and have showed your ass. Why don't you post the link again about lifted vehicles? Nobody cared the first couple times. You started the shit talking, I've just laughed.

You're a troll, nothing more. Why hang out in a section that is dedicated to modified Jeeps, when you post what a waste lifts are? You're a Hillary voter in a Trump world. I don't care if you don't like my Jeep. Don't care what you think about anything. Show up in Moab if you want to see useless. You still know shit about my Jeep and can't stop running your hummingbird mouth. I love the internet and the tough guys who troll them.
Old 06-28-2016, 03:19 PM
JK Junkie

Default lol what does politics have to do with this thread ?

Im a trump person but it has abolutely nothing to do with flat fenders and 35s even if i were for hillary clinton (you sound frustrated in general little jordy)
i wouldnt go to any trail meet you were at anyway / id expect a migit to climb down out of a ugly high rise thats painted silver and blue giving the finger to everyone lol
like a migit troll in a circus mobile / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4RHZ1ssCBA

get your tickests every one / come one come all see the migit man in the silver and blue high riser
he wont fall he has a rope ladder and swings like a monkey/ get your tickets
*its a forum and the section i was looking at was modified as my jeep is slightl modified but you interfered with the vendors intent and spoiled it for those of us who were interested in them

Views:	49
ID:	650927  

Last edited by jeepmojo; 06-28-2016 at 03:39 PM.
Old 06-28-2016, 03:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://youtu.be/-nrqsHclKko Here's an example where no lift and 35's or 37's won't do. My wheeling buddies who go here often had never seen a JKU on less than 40" tires make it up this ledge. Not that it's never happened but going to this spot often they had never seen it. I made it up on 37's and 3" synergy lift the break over of a lift is needed.

Some of us build with a lift and bigger tires cause it's needed where we want to go, not to piss on others at the mall. Lots of hate in this thread!
Old 06-28-2016, 03:37 PM
JK Super Freak

And for shits and giggles, my jeep coming down bell mountain in GA notice all tires stay planted. (For the record I was not locked in this video just keeping tires on the ground made this a non event.)

http://youtu.be/5hwTqOYNy1Q My buddies jeep coming down after me same line he had a AEV 2" lift with bilstein (10" travel) shocks. Yes he makes it but it's easy to see where a lift and extra suspension travel is helpful...

http://youtu.be/5HsQTHTEJ18

Last edited by Biginboca; 06-28-2016 at 03:41 PM.
Old 06-28-2016, 03:46 PM
JK Junkie

Default my grand parents

could have done that in a wheel chair for gods sake no lift unless they farted or something
The topic of thread was 35s with flat bushwacker fenders no lift

I like the looks of the bushwacker flat fenders with no lift
the vendor has a nice product

anyone see little jordy

Views:	44
ID:	650929  

Last edited by jeepmojo; 06-28-2016 at 03:56 PM.
Old 06-28-2016, 03:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
So I guess they make these all these lift kits for nothing? We have all been suckered. Everyone we are having an uninstall party were taking all the lift kits off. Turns out we don't need them. Here are a few videos on why you need a lift kit. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BNub_sa7zkY https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_5iS5IM0-As
No, that's why you need a 2 door. Heck a skateboard on 1.5s and zero lift wouldn't have high centered in that first video.
Old 06-28-2016, 04:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by zstairlessone
No, that's why you need a 2 door. Heck a skateboard on 1.5s and zero lift wouldn't have high centered in that first video.
What it all boils down to is that a JKU benefits from lift. The break over sucks at stock height. With a 3" lift and 37's I have significant damage to my crossmember and fuel tank skidplate. And this is after a few years wheeling in flat ass Florida for God's sake, lol

The obstacle isn't as easy as it looks it crests a steep climb this is what it looks like from the top looking back down at it. No it's nothing crazy but a JKU with no lift won't be going up this. And that's my point, a JKU with no lift can't even do the "not so crazy" climbs and I think a JK on 35's and no lift would have a real tough time getting up this also...

http://youtu.be/s_mNy8Q9vRI

Last edited by Biginboca; 06-28-2016 at 04:15 PM.
Old 06-28-2016, 04:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Biginboca
What it all boils down to is that a JKU benefits from lift.
C'mon now, you don't need a lift, you just have to know where to put your tires.

Yes, the extra length is a problem, luckily there are lots of options to correct it.

Quick Reply: Want 35s But Don't Have A Lift Kit? No Problem!