Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Waiting On Shrockworks

Old 03-17-2008, 11:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Waiting On Shrockworks

How many people are waiting on Shrockworks bumpers? I am getting so disgusted with them . I hope the bumper is worth the wait. I ordered the midwidth on January 2nd. Everytime I call I get "waiting on parts from laser". Is there anything I can do to speed the process? Anyone else having the same problem?
Old 03-17-2008, 11:52 AM
JK Newbie

The Shrockworks pieces I have (Shorty bumper, 4 dr Sliders), are some of the nicest pieces of offroad aftermarket metal work I've ever seen. Its worth the wait.

That being said - you have to be patient. As their fabrication work takes longer than expected.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default ?

Did you order straight from them or through a retailer? Just wondering/
Old 03-17-2008, 11:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gooseau
Did you order straight from them or through a retailer? Just wondering/
I ordered directly thru them.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default huh

Well I have been waiting for 4 weeks so in 2 more is when I will start to complain. Once you get it, it is amazing. I saw a guy the other day at the grocery store and I sat there and just gawked til he came out and he told me that he waited 10 weeks! So I guess the best thing to do is just to forget you ordered it and then when it comes it will be a huge suprise. That is what I am trying to do.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am only 2 weeks in on the wait.
Ordered through NORTHRIDGE 4X4. Guessing 6 to 10 weeks. Sounds long but against the wait for the actual Jeep it's not to bad.

I hope they have the winch plate cover for sale sometime prior to the bumper coming in.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:44 PM
JK Freak

Folks... recently there was another thread about this very same subject and I said the very same thing there that I am saying here: sometimes you have to wait for quality. If you don't care about quality and you just want something RIGHT now, then there are a number of other manufacturers out there willing to take your dollars... I suspect that you do care about quality – that’s why you chose Shrockworks.

That said, the guys at Shrockworks won’t bullshit you when you call and ask “where’s my bumper?” If they say they’re waiting for parts, then they are waiting on parts. Remember, your bumpers don’t put themselves together…

I waited the same amount of time for my sliders and front bumper and would do it all again. The design is great. The welds are excellent. The powder-coating is first rate. I’ve battered the hell out of my sliders without a single problem.

My front bumper was at powder-coating for a week. Why? Because that’s how long it took to get it right. Jim and Co do not ship crap, because most of them wheel just as hard as you and I do…

So, while I feel your pain and know that having a completed rig is awesome and you can’t wait to hit the trail with your new bumper or sliders… you have to be patient, because what you bought is absolutely worth the wait.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

I ordered a rear stubby 12/03/07.....If its anything like my front stubby.....worth the wait. And I have ZERO patience!
Old 03-17-2008, 02:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what I've seen, it'll be well worth the wait. You're getting a custom-fab job for not much more than some of the flimsy cookie-cutter off-the-shelf bumpers.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

I waited 8 weeks for my front to come in.

When funds allow, I will have their 4 door sliders and rear swingout. I could care less what other companies make now nor do I care what others charge.

My front bumper is top notch and I expect nothing less with their other products.

With past Jeeps, I have been in the "gotta have it now" phase and made purchases based on what was available. Bad choice.

Quick Reply: Waiting On Shrockworks