Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Wahts the best BB option?

Old 01-19-2011, 12:14 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are considering aftermarket bumpers and winch. I would seriously save a little more coin and jump to a coil spring lift as the stock springs will sag and I mean sag really bad with extra weight. If you are not considering bumpers and winch then the TF 2.5 BB is the way to go!
Old 01-19-2011, 12:59 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TripleJeep_99
If you are considering aftermarket bumpers and winch. I would seriously save a little more coin and jump to a coil spring lift as the stock springs will sag and I mean sag really bad with extra weight. If you are not considering bumpers and winch then the TF 2.5 BB is the way to go!
I'm getting arb front and lod rear. They are gonna sag alot. But I'm gonna get spacers to level it out
Old 01-19-2011, 01:27 PM
JK Junkie

I could not agree more, it really depends on your expectations for what you want your JK to be capable of on the trail. With all kinds of plastic and spacers stacked up and supporting the way your JK rides and holds those bumpers, winch, etc., I for one would worry about the way it flexes and handles the shock of those hard core rocky and flexy trails.

If you just hit the trail a little here and there for a little dirt and some sun, go with the BB. But for performance, longevity, and overall quality, save your pennies.

Go with the 33s for now which will fit just fine stock, and save for the lift and the bigger meats somewhere along the line. Just my two cents, do what works for you

Just saw two BBs for sale in the suspension section on the forum, one was RC the other was TF. Just to let you know

Last edited by sa29560; 01-19-2011 at 01:41 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:46 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by sringer
I'm getting arb front and lod rear. They are gonna sag alot. But I'm gonna get spacers to level it out
The ride is gonna be harsh....I had a RE 2" BB with monoshocks and when I added on my LoD bumpers and winch I lost close to 1.5" of lift and the ride was crap. I even had HD stock springs as my JK came with the tow package. After a week of harsh riding...I went with the OME HD coil springs and I have not looked back. I wish I went with the HD coil springs the first go round to save some money.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:17 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gotta agree with this.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sa29560
I could not agree more, it really depends on your expectations for what you want your JK to be capable of on the trail. With all kinds of plastic and spacers stacked up and supporting the way your JK rides and holds those bumpers, winch, etc., I for one would worry about the way it flexes and handles the shock of those hard core rocky and flexy trails.

If you just hit the trail a little here and there for a little dirt and some sun, go with the BB. But for performance, longevity, and overall quality, save your pennies.

Go with the 33s for now which will fit just fine stock, and save for the lift and the bigger meats somewhere along the line. Just my two cents, do what works for you

Just saw two BBs for sale in the suspension section on the forum, one was RC the other was TF. Just to let you know
How's the street ride with the coils and gas shocks. My only concern is I will be driving around my 2 month old daughter and don't want to shake the hell out of her yet. (Give her a year at least) lol. thanks in advance for advice. This forum rocks

Quick Reply: Wahts the best BB option?