Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Wahts the best BB option?

Old 01-19-2011, 05:11 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wahts the best BB option?

Looking for some advice regarding the best option regading TF BB. I am considering one of 3 options. Spacer/shock adapter kit, Spacer new shocks, or new coils and shock adapter. Would love a full kit, but just not in the budget currently.

Also what other mods would be required to run 35s? Debating on 35s vs 33s.

Thanks
Old 01-19-2011, 05:20 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 2008 Sahara
Looking for some advice regarding the best option regading TF BB. I am considering one of 3 options. Spacer/shock adapter kit, Spacer new shocks, or new coils and shock adapter. Would love a full kit, but just not in the budget currently.

Also what other mods would be required to run 35s? Debating on 35s vs 33s.

Thanks
I don't know exactly about the lift question. When I bought my 2dr it already had a 2.5 inch teraflex bb in it. I didn't have to do anything to it to be able to run 35's. I am running the 35x12.50x17 bfg km2's. I love them! I didnt re gear or anything. All I had to do was yank out the plastic factory air dam
Old 01-19-2011, 05:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the 2.5 coil lift with shocks. Run 35s with no rubbing anywhere. I go rock climbing and manually disconnect my sway bars and haven't gotten it to rub yet, anywhere. I hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2102845231.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	119405  
Old 01-19-2011, 07:11 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by sringer
I don't know exactly about the lift question. When I bought my 2dr it already had a 2.5 inch teraflex bb in it. I didn't have to do anything to it to be able to run 35's. I am running the 35x12.50x17 bfg km2's. I love them! I didnt re gear or anything. All I had to do was yank out the plastic factory air dam
Did you notice any loss of power going to 35's without regearing?
Old 01-19-2011, 08:16 AM
JK Newbie

My main question is what is better: New springs with shock adapters or new shocks with coil spacers?

Also who makes a better kit RC or TF?

So many options...
Old 01-19-2011, 08:27 AM
JK Super Freak

My main question is what is better: New springs with shock adapters or new shocks with coil spacers?

Also who makes a better kit RC or TF?

So many options...
I'm running the TF 2.5 BB with shock adaptors and happy with it overall. TF has the most complete kit as far as I've seen with longer sway links, rear trackbar and brake line drop brackets. From what I've heard and have seen 35's arent a problem for this kit, but you might get a bit of rubbing at full flex. Could just trim your fender flares if need be.
My 2dr with 33's.

Old 01-19-2011, 08:33 AM
JK Newbie

[thread Hijack]
Whiskey-
Thanks for posting the pics. I am about to receive my new '11 JK rubi next tuesday. I have been thinking about different lift/tire size combinations. I really don't think 35" tires are in my future but like the nonstock look. Those 33' tires with the your lift give your JK the look that I am going for in the future.

[/hijack]
Old 01-19-2011, 09:00 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by WhiskyPirate
I'm running the TF 2.5 BB with shock adaptors and happy with it overall. TF has the most complete kit as far as I've seen with longer sway links, rear trackbar and brake line drop brackets. From what I've heard and have seen 35's arent a problem for this kit, but you might get a bit of rubbing at full flex. Could just trim your fender flares if need be.
My 2dr with 33's.

Thats a nice set up. Like the look. Where in the Westfield area do you wheel? I get out that way several times during the summner and am always looking for new trails.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sacamuelas
[thread Hijack]
Whiskey-
Thanks for posting the pics. I am about to receive my new '11 JK rubi next tuesday. I have been thinking about different lift/tire size combinations. I really don't think 35" tires are in my future but like the nonstock look. Those 33' tires with the your lift give your JK the look that I am going for in the future.

[/hijack]
Thanks! Congrats on the Rubi! Theres a fair chance that I may be able to sail on some 35's some day but I do think there is a general notion to jump the gun right to them on here. I don't have the kind of money right now to do gears, beef up or replace my front axle, and not to mention the extra $1k for a good bumper/tire carrier. Mark Dorion's pics of his 4dr JK are great proof that you can still have a lot of fun with 33's! Good luck!

Thats a nice set up. Like the look. Where in the Westfield area do you wheel? I get out that way several times during the summner and am always looking for new trails.
Top of the World is in Westfield off of rt 202, but though I've been told its legal, I'm hearing others say now that it is all private property and enforced. Mabell is a good hill crawl up in Northampton and there is fun trail in Tolland, near Otis. There is so much back and forth of whats legal and whats not now here in MA I'm considering joining a club. I don't wanna take any chances and rather keep all my wheeling legal and legit. Theres a couple guys that are always going for runs and posting up in the NE forum. Stay up on that and I'm sure we'll end up on the same trail run soon!
Old 01-19-2011, 11:54 AM
JK Junkie

Did you notice any loss of power going to 35's without regearing?
Surprisingly. Not much at all. Only if I'm going 60 and want to try to accelerate to 65. It doesn't wanna kick in then. So I use the od off button

Quick Reply: Wahts the best BB option?