Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Wagner Thermoquiet pads

Old 01-18-2016, 06:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wagner Thermoquiet pads

All of the reviews I read on here say that these are good pads, but I installed them on all 4 corners last summer with new rotors and they are the crappiest pads I have ever used. The ceramics up front create more dust than any other pad I have used and they squeal like crazy. Advance Auto Parts won't exchange them unless they have a factory defect. I told them that they are not quiet and that that's even part of their name. They advertise them as a low dust pad and they are anything but that.

Has anyone else had problems with these pads?
Old 01-19-2016, 02:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have them on my liberty. They can be a bit squeaky. One way to change that is go down an empty road at 55 and just hit them hard and remove the glazing. As for dust i have never had tht issue. I have these on our F150, bmw 525i and our liberty. I am not sure as a reason why you have that issue but it is not normal in my experience.
Old 01-19-2016, 05:05 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am a fan of the Wagner pads. I have however had some of the same issues that you are talking about. I asked them about it at the advanced auto I shop from and they have dealt with this problem before. They offered to swap them out for a new pair and my issues were fixed. Must have been a bad batch. Prob made on a Monday or Friday I'm guessing
Old 01-19-2016, 06:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've used them once in another vehicle, and i didn't have any issues with dust, little noisy, but not dust. you may have defective pads, ceramic pads should not be dusty, perhaps you got semi metallic or metallic by mistake or bad batch?.
Old 01-19-2016, 01:40 PM
JK Newbie

I have them on a Tundra, and I have no issues whatsoever. Absolutely quiet, (but on the same note, I have never had noisy pads that I installed, no matter the brand, on any car I have owned, including autozone's duralast), and minimal dust.
Old 01-20-2016, 11:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i had them on my Tj and have them on my miata and will have them on the Jk once the stock ones wear out. Ive always had really good results with them so i stick with em.

Quick Reply: Wagner Thermoquiet pads