Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

WADE Windsheild Air Deflector

Old 07-18-2008 | 08:21 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by x5tuu
is it literally attached with just 3m tape??

wonder how the adhesive would stand up to weather?? as i could fancy one of them if it holds well!
It's no different than the above the side windows style reflectors that are held on by 3m tape. And the ones they've made for the front of the hood to help deflect wind/bugs over the windshield. This probably gets more air/wind pressure than those do, but the 3m tape is time tested. Just make sure to remove all the wax and apply to a clean surface.

I don't have a real problem with the hard top or the Safari top I'm running, but with my height and the tops off, this looks like it will be a nice thing to help kick the wind up and over my forehead.
Old 07-18-2008 | 08:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default ?

that link doesnt work for the website to buy it. Says it is currently unavailable. how much was this, and would it get in the way of a light bar mounted there?
Old 07-18-2008 | 08:27 AM
JK Freak

Just searched on eBay for it. Listed for $52 + $20 shipping. Seems kinda pricey.
Old 07-18-2008 | 08:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default er no..

Originally Posted by Big Clint
Just searched on eBay for it. Listed for $52 + $20 shipping. Seems kinda pricey.
I dont like buying things on ebay too often.. there are usually 3 reasons things are listed on there

1) its broken
2) it doesnt work
3) there is something better
Old 07-18-2008 | 08:36 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Nickit1981
I dont like buying things on ebay too often.. there are usually 3 reasons things are listed on there

1) its broken
2) it doesnt work
3) there is something better
I've had good luck buying things there, and even selling a few. Never had to return anything, and the sellers have all cooperated. Just stay away from listings that say "selling for a friend", limited knowledge of what they are selling, or people that don't answer questions.
Old 07-18-2008 | 09:36 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Nickit1981
that link doesnt work for the website to buy it. Says it is currently unavailable. how much was this, and would it get in the way of a light bar mounted there?
If its the light bar that mounts on the windshield hinges shouldn't be a problem. If you look at the photos from my previous post it's only about 1" higher than the top of the windsheild. It could possibly get in the way of the light bar bracket that is mounted on top of the winshield.

Mine being mounted on a 2 door I dont get the flapping but took the sound of wind thru a straw effect away from the header. If there was a way to tighten the clamps on the header that would help also.
Old 07-18-2008 | 09:50 AM
JK Junkie

wow looks like a good idea.. id like to hear form some more people that have experience with it before i buy one.
Old 07-18-2008 | 12:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by HITMONEY
I got one overnighted to me from Quadratec before I took a road trip to Ocala, Fl a month ago.

I got it because the bug shield I added made my top flap in the rear section a bit and I figured this wind deflector would push the air over my top.

Wrong.

I put it on the morning I left... it made my top flap violently right above the driver and passenger seat. I had to crack a window to get it to stop... just cracked.. not to far down and not to far up.

I have since removed it and going to try and mount it a bit higher to see if it helps but for now.. don't add this to an Unlimited if you are running a bug deflector.

Oh, and the 3m tape holds it incredibly well... I could barely get the damn thing off!

http://www.quadratec.com/products/11162_1000_07.htm

thanks for the link, do you know if Quad sells the side window ones too? Be nice here in the summer to leave my windows cracked and not get wet but let the heat out as well.
Old 07-18-2008 | 12:18 PM
JK Super Freak

dude you rawk!!!
Old 07-18-2008 | 01:00 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by doojer
Well, I could definitely use any help I can get in the noise department.... my hearing is total crap. The radio is fine, if I blast it, but I can forget about trying to talk on the phone or hear my CB at highway speeds.... I just wonder what that thing would look like on my Jeep Green wrangler with my khaki top... it would probably be much more noticeable than it is on your black on black Jeep....
You have bad hearing? That's part of my disability. I have sever tinnitus (ringing in the ears). Bad enough that it effects everything I do. I have poor balance, some coordination loss, loss of concentration, can't stay on my feet long...and a host of other stuff. I could make this thread way long, but I hate it when old people start bitchin about what's wrong. Yall wonder why I'm such an asshole sometimes? Well, there you have it. I appreciate yall puttin up with me so much, too.

Anyway, all that aside, yeah, this thing looks like it might even help with some hard top noise...I mean hell, it covers up the whole seam where the top meets the windwhield frame.

Quick Reply: WADE Windsheild Air Deflector