Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

WADE Windsheild Air Deflector

Old 07-17-2008 | 07:49 PM
JK Freak

Default WADE Windsheild Air Deflector

I dont know how many of you guys have even seen this but I bought one and it is great!! Been looking for a thread on this one but havent seen one and I havent seen it advertised.

http://www.buyautotruckaccessories.com/product.cfm/cf-bin/pn.wade-jeep-top-wind-deflector/

I had a issue with the soft top wind noise comming in at higher speeds around the header, installed this and can hold a conversation, listen to the radio etc... Its still a soft top but made a world of difference to me.

Just thought I would share in case someone didnt know about it.

This is my first post, I have been hanging around awhile. Wonderful info on this forum. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	MainImage_WA_topWindGd.jpg
Views:	5120
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	10929  

Last edited by Robar; 07-18-2008 at 06:34 AM. Reason: Please do not post direct non sponsor links.
Old 07-18-2008 | 05:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by YingYang
I dont know how many of you guys have even seen this but I bought one and it is great!! Been looking for a thread on this one but havent seen one and I havent seen it advertised.

http://www.buyautotruckaccessories.com/product.cfm/cf-bin/pn.wade-jeep-top-wind-deflector/

I had a issue with the soft top wind noise comming in at higher speeds around the header, installed this and can hold a conversation, listen to the radio etc... Its still a soft top but made a world of difference to me.

Just thought I would share in case someone didnt know about it.

This is my first post, I have been hanging around awhile. Wonderful info on this forum. Thanks.

So I could use this on my soft or hardtop then right? My noise is very minimal on the soft but sometimes if there is a 30mph headwind and I'm doing 70 between the hood vibrating and the windnoise at that front windshield seam it gets a little noisier. Thanks for posting this up.

Last edited by Robar; 07-18-2008 at 06:34 AM. Reason: edited direct link.
Old 07-18-2008 | 07:14 AM
JK Super Freak

looks like our jeeps are an SUV / Crossover
Old 07-18-2008 | 07:24 AM
JK Jedi

Actually, this is kind of interesting.... does it interfere with the top when you are trying to put it up or down? Do you have any pics of where the tape adheres to the Jeep?
Old 07-18-2008 | 07:26 AM
JK Freak

Yes, will work with both hardtop and softop, I have both. You just have to be careful when putting up the soft top. When the top comes down on the header channel it can touch the deflector but its very flexible and you just have to make sure that its not pinching it between. Not a big deal.

See Pics....

Another link from ebay
cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jeep-Top-Wind-Deflector-Shield-Fits-the-07-08-Wrangler_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ42611QQihZ019Q QitemZ290246536480QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	3043
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	10937   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	2067
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	10938   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	2668
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	10939  

Last edited by doojer; 07-18-2008 at 07:43 AM. Reason: please do not post direct links to non-sponsors-- see faq
Old 07-18-2008 | 07:44 AM
JK Jedi

Well, I could definitely use any help I can get in the noise department.... my hearing is total crap. The radio is fine, if I blast it, but I can forget about trying to talk on the phone or hear my CB at highway speeds.... I just wonder what that thing would look like on my Jeep Green wrangler with my khaki top... it would probably be much more noticeable than it is on your black on black Jeep....
Old 07-18-2008 | 07:50 AM
JK Freak

Couldn't say.... Just cover it with dirt and it will look just fine
Old 07-18-2008 | 07:54 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by YingYang
Couldn't say.... Just cover it with dirt and it will look just fine

True!
Old 07-18-2008 | 08:01 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by doojer
I just wonder what that thing would look like on my Jeep Green wrangler with my khaki top... it would probably be much more noticeable than it is on your black on black Jeep....
Doojer.....Get some primer and Duplicolor and paint the deflector to match your Jeep Color.

I actually have been thinking about this style of air deflector for the wifes JK....great job YINGYANG nice to see that it works on both tops!

Maybe I can gain an extra 1 MPG with this NEW Air dynamic Deflector!!!
Old 07-18-2008 | 08:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

is it literally attached with just 3m tape??

wonder how the adhesive would stand up to weather?? as i could fancy one of them if it holds well!

Quick Reply: WADE Windsheild Air Deflector