Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Volant Snorkel

Old 06-24-2008, 08:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JeepinMass
I don't expect it to be out before winter.
Thanks for the updated info JeepinMass. I would take a CAD drawing at this point just something to make my decision. Maybe I can wait alittle longer.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JK-Fire
Thanks for the updated info JeepinMass. I would take a CAD drawing at this point just something to make my decision. Maybe I can wait alittle longer.
Don't take what I say as set in stone, it's just an educated guess.
Old 10-11-2008, 05:36 PM
JK Freak

Just checked out Volants website .. nothin yet .. emailed and will let ya'll know what I hear back in a email.

plus their website doesn't work. TONS of links don't work! IF you search Jeep, it comes up with a few CAI, then you click Contact us .. no can do! HAHA! had to share .... there are a few other links that don't work either!
Old 10-11-2008, 09:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by putnam dan
This is a river raider thing - someone will always pop up and tell you they love theirs and say 'don't worry about cracking'.

If you hit a plastic snorkel hard enough to crack it (though iv'e never seen it done) the river raider is going to dent severely, restrict airflow, lose the lovely paint and need to be replaced.
Since they all perform the same function, it comes down to the look that you prefer.

That being said: RIVER RAIDER ROCKS!!!
Old 10-15-2008, 03:02 PM
JK Newbie

a pic of my brothers volant snorkel on his TJ...i dont think anyone can beat this look. real tough.

Old 10-15-2008, 03:04 PM
JK Newbie

and combined with the volant cai under the hood. mabey im a little partial to his but i think its the nicest cai snorkel combo.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Strong Bad
Since they all perform the same function, it comes down to the look that you prefer.

That being said: RIVER RAIDER ROCKS!!!
Not all perform EXACTLY the same. For example the RR doesn't have anywhere for water to drain if it happens to get in. ARB and AEV can drain any water that might get in.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:49 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Saugwah
I talked to Volant about 2 weeks ago and they said it was still in the design phase getting ready for production. They indicated it should be for sale in about 3 months. Cant wait!!!!
4 months after supposed release date???? Where is it, haven't heard from them even after multiple emails, they respond betteer to phone calls?
Old 11-03-2008, 05:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default The NEW VOLANT SNORKEL!!!

Well for all you folks waiting on the volant snorkel WOL posted some picks of the SEMA show( Lucky guy ) and I spotted this the new Volant Snorkel. Here are some pic's. Thanks WOL for the pic's and enjoy yourself.

Old 11-03-2008, 05:47 PM
JK Jedi Master

I got to say, that is not the way I would have thought it would have been done. I would like to see some under hood shoots too. I don't really like it so much. JMO.

Quick Reply: Volant Snorkel