Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Volant Snorkel

Old 04-29-2008, 05:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Volant Snorkel !!!!UPDATED!!!! on page 2

Anyone hear when volant will come out with their snorkel. I emailed volant no word back yet.

Last edited by JK-Fire; 11-03-2008 at 05:54 PM.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:51 PM
JK Super Freak

I saw someone talked to them on this in another thread about 2 weeks back. I couldn't find the snorkel thread that it was mentioned but I recall it was a way's out. I'm with you on the snorkel kits. None yet are direable.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:09 PM
JK Freak

not volant but airflow gibson rm its out in 3 weeks,,right now is on the casters
Old 04-30-2008, 04:19 AM
JK Newbie

Default Volant Snorkel

I talked to Volant about 2 weeks ago and they said it was still in the design phase getting ready for production. They indicated it should be for sale in about 3 months. Cant wait!!!!
Old 04-30-2008, 05:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went with River Raider. Looks awesome and functions great. Plus it isn't plastic, so you don't have to worry about it cracking!!!!

Here is mine

Old 04-30-2008, 05:05 AM
JK Freak

I dont see anything wrong with plastic, one of my friends has had an ARB snorkel on his TJ for years and its still in use with no cracking at all.

I will agree River Raiders look awesome. I like non plastic things, too, alot. But the fact is some people just can afford them(including me lol)
Old 04-30-2008, 06:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Volant snorkel

Thanks for the input everyone. I'm still on the fence with this mod. And yes i do agree that the river raider is a great product. But I do like the idea behind the volant with it's Intergraded CAI.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by putnam dan
This is a river raider thing - someone will always pop up and tell you they love theirs and say 'don't worry about cracking'.

If you hit a plastic snorkel hard enough to crack it (though iv'e never seen it done) the river raider is going to dent severely, restrict airflow, lose the lovely paint and need to be replaced.
it is truee! haha....honestly...people do always defend and promote the stuff they have because obviously they love it.....i think there is a certain amount of pride in the river raider...both by the owner of the company and by the customers (like me)....I personally love it because of its look, function and rigidity. It also speaks to the customer service and quality over at river raider!

cormac
Old 06-24-2008, 07:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Anymore word on the volant snorkel due date. my pocket is on fire trying to hold out. But the River Raider is looking better by the day.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:16 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JK-Fire
Anymore word on the volant snorkel due date. my pocket is on fire trying to hold out. But the River Raider is looking better by the day.
I don't expect it to be out before winter.

Quick Reply: Volant Snorkel