Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

viper throttle body.

Old 07-27-2011, 07:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default viper throttle body.

I am currently running k&n intake age 3" catback and superchips flashpaq. Can I add a viper throttle body to this set up and will it increase the performance?
Old 07-27-2011, 07:42 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Brasco
I am currently running k&n intake age 3" catback and superchips flashpaq. Can I add a viper throttle body to this set up and will it increase the performance?
People have run into trouble using a Superchip with the Viper. Leans out the fuel mixture too much.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Makes sense. Anyone out there with one of these throttle body's?
Old 08-28-2011, 11:43 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by mkjeep

People have run into trouble using a Superchip with the Viper. Leans out the fuel mixture too much.
X2. Be prepared for issues
Old 08-28-2011, 11:48 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Brasco
I called superchips about this very thing and I suggest you call them for they will tell you the same as I got told. THey said "basically you will lean out tooo much, the facory settings run a little on the rich side, superchips takes that "richness" out of it and if you add a larger throtle body which the Superchip was not designed or programed for you will lean it out too much. You will most likely get codes also." the guy had a number of calls on the very thing askin about before I called.
Old 08-28-2011, 02:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Running mine since February. At 87 octane it has been trouble free, I was getting some pinging at higher octane settings, with higher octane of course. I have never had any codes or lights that others have experienced. There are various threads on this, with many varied experiences. I for one have had no issues on or off road in about 3000 miles.

I would have pulled the Superchips because of their lack of interest if it weren't for the features I use like TPMS defeat, shift point setting which I had to pay additional for, and crawl off road. I'm tired or Superchips crap and wish I didn't have so much invested in the Flashpaq.
Old 08-28-2011, 02:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jollydodger
Running mine since February. At 87 octane it has been trouble free, I was getting some pinging at higher octane settings, with higher octane of course. I have never had any codes or lights that others have experienced. There are various threads on this, with many varied experiences. I for one have had no issues on or off road in about 3000 miles.

I would have pulled the Superchips because of their lack of interest if it weren't for the features I use like TPMS defeat, shift point setting which I had to pay additional for, and crawl off road. I'm tired or Superchips crap and wish I didn't have so much invested in the Flashpaq.
Should have got the AEV Procal

Trending Topics

Old 08-28-2011, 02:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jollydodger

I do not run a Superchips, so am not being a "fan boy" for them.

But what would be Superchips motive to tell a person not to run the throttle body, if they did not honestly believe it might cause problems when coupled with their chip?
Old 08-28-2011, 05:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by karls10jk
AEV Procal doesn't let you choose tunes or manually adjust your shift points on the auto. It's like apples to oranges.
Yep thus he wouldn't have a problem with it leaning out the fuel too much.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Yankee
I do not run a Superchips, so am not being a "fan boy" for them.

But what would be Superchips motive to tell a person not to run the throttle body, if they did not honestly believe it might cause problems when coupled with their chip?
They don't want the headache of people running both, I get that. They don't want to write a program for those running the throttle body, get that too. They don't want people running the throttle body at all since they can't run it with their programmer. The real problem is that the love for the JK community has left the building a while ago. People beg for support and honesty and get none.

Quick Reply: viper throttle body.