Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Viper 12000LB Recovery Winch 6.0 HP WATERPROOF

Old 06-26-2009, 01:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by btomike
judas, can you tell me how much that sucker weights. did it make your jeep sag? how was the fit in the RR Bumper?
shipping weight from UPS was 91 pounds, but i would say the whole kit might weigh 80. i haven't noticed much sag but the lift kit is brand new so i am sure it will settle a half inch or so, daystar 1" spacers incoming. as far as fit and finish it was painless i thought that was going to be an issue but it dropped right in and bolted on in minutes.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by judas
shipping weight from UPS was 91 pounds, but i would say the whole kit might weigh 80. i haven't noticed much sag but the lift kit is brand new so i am sure it will settle a half inch or so, daystar 1" spacers incoming. as far as fit and finish it was painless i thought that was going to be an issue but it dropped right in and bolted on in minutes.
How hard are the 1" kits to install? You going to do it yourself?
Old 06-26-2009, 02:43 PM
JK Junkie

coil spacers are easy to install all you have to do is take off the swaybar links and shocks then jack the frame up until the spring falls out then put the spacer on and lower the jack

it is real easy especially in the front
Old 06-26-2009, 07:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by judas
cool deal man..thanks for the info on the weight.
Old 06-27-2009, 03:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah, I like the winches with the steel cables cause they are obviously cheeper, but am worried about the weight as well. I was thinking about the superwinch with the synthetic because of that, but man, the price on this thing is hard to beat.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:10 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by deathbyfire
When you guys say slow.... What is the advantage of slow versus fast. Just gets you out quicker or is there any other advantage to the speed?
line speed help spooling back in I rather have a slower line speed for when you need to make slow movements trying to keep thing from going the wrong way

besides to me a winch is the last thing I use quicker to pull out a strap most of the time all anyone ever needs is just a simple tug unless the bury themselves down

slower speed = better reaction
Old 08-26-2009, 06:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Any updates on this winch? I'm seriously thinking about this one.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default update

anyone else use this brand??

Quick Reply: Viper 12000LB Recovery Winch 6.0 HP WATERPROOF