Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Viper 12000LB Recovery Winch 6.0 HP WATERPROOF

Old 06-18-2009, 05:52 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most of these winches are rebadged. Most use the same Bosch solenoids. They are just assembled elsewhere.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

looks like its the gorilla winch recently reviewed in JP magazine. i just got the ups tracking info saying it will be here on friday. pics and review to follow.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default day 1: awesome winch so far.

brown santa dropped it off this morning and within an hour i was winching this chick out of the mud...

it was packaged well and shipped to my door within 4 days. the instructions are typical chinese crap but it was pretty straight forward. bolted right up with no real issues. took off the silly generic name brand stickers, and it was ready to go. it also came with a really stout controller that reminds me a lot of the warn controllers. as well as a wireless remote that was actually very responsive and had fairly long range as well as being pre-programmed from the factory to work right out of the box.

the roller fairlead came powder coated to match the winch body and looks really good actually. i have ordered a hawse fairlead and have a buddy with a marine supply company that is hooking my up with 100' of amsteel blue for nothing so this is soon to be a synthetic set up. i realize its only been one day and one winching under its belt but it worked great and seemed like it had tons of power in reserve even while pulling this thoroughly stuck JK out. no funny noises or smoke just smooth tractable power.

rescued.... pretty sure they would give it a too.

can you believe there is a stone white jeep under all that mud?

Last edited by judas; 06-25-2009 at 12:17 PM.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:20 PM
JK Newbie

Now that was a good time! Just be sure to tell everyone that I purposefully got stuck so you could use your new winch. Ya can't make me look bad. Just admit that I'm a superior, seriously skilled jeep driver. I'd never get stuck without a winch nearby. Ok, Ok, I suck, you saved my life and your winch is AWESOME!!!! Gonna have to definitely get one now!!!

Last edited by jeepsr4girls; 06-25-2009 at 01:10 PM. Reason: adding smiles
Old 06-25-2009, 02:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepsr4girls
Now that was a good time! Just be sure to tell everyone that I purposefully got stuck so you could use your new winch. Ya can't make me look bad. Just admit that I'm a superior, seriously skilled jeep driver. I'd never get stuck without a winch nearby. Ok, Ok, I suck, you saved my life and your winch is AWESOME!!!! Gonna have to definitely get one now!!!
Winches are your friend. Half the price of a 9.5ti sitting in your bank account won't pull ANYONE out of the mud.

I found a great deal on a used Warn...but I had the luxury of being patient.
Old 06-25-2009, 03:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Great pics... Looks like a great time.
Old 06-25-2009, 03:59 PM
Jsr
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by deathbyfire
Great pics... Looks like a great time.
X2
Old 06-25-2009, 05:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chunks
Hey, if it works and your happy with it then screw the naysayers. Its your money not thiers.

x2
Old 06-26-2009, 06:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Knotty maid
I put a Chicago Electric 10K on almost 2 years ago, it still works. Its been under water more times than I can count, works under water too. My only issue with it is the speed, man it is slooooow. Nothing wrong with a cheap winch down here. If I was doing waterfalls and the like I'd spring the extra coin for a Warn.
When you guys say slow.... What is the advantage of slow versus fast. Just gets you out quicker or is there any other advantage to the speed?
Old 06-26-2009, 06:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

judas, can you tell me how much that sucker weights. did it make your jeep sag? how was the fit in the RR Bumper?

Quick Reply: Viper 12000LB Recovery Winch 6.0 HP WATERPROOF