Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Vibrations from New Differential Cover

Old 07-31-2012, 08:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vibrations from New Differential Cover

So I just heard back from my dealership that the vibrations I am hearing when accelerating are my new SOLID Differential Cover vibrating against the track bar. I also hear some knocking when turning right which apparently is also caused by the Sold Diff Cover. Anyone have similar issue and how did you fix it. I'm thinking I'm going to have to pull out the grinding wheel and take it down a bit. ideas...
Old 07-31-2012, 08:45 AM
JK Newbie

Oh I have a 2012 JKU Sport. Dana 30 up front.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rmnichols
So I just heard back from my dealership that the vibrations I am hearing when accelerating are my new SOLID Differential Cover vibrating against the track bar. I also hear some knocking when turning right which apparently is also caused by the Sold Diff Cover. Anyone have similar issue and how did you fix it. I'm thinking I'm going to have to pull out the grinding wheel and take it down a bit. ideas...
If you have enough "meat" there, do it! I had to do the same on mine; not much but some right of the ribs.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Exactly why I went with the ARB Diff covers, I had heard that several others rubbed.
No rubbing with the ARBs and they appear to offer decent protection.
If you need a set of stock 44 diff covers l;et me know, you can have mine while you decided what to do. Just pay shipping.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had the same problem with my trackbar hitting my rockcrusher diff cover.
Either change the diff cover, grind it down, or lift your Jeep seems to be the only way to fix it

Quick Reply: Vibrations from New Differential Cover