Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Vibration Source!!!

Old 03-19-2009, 01:17 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

also check your front axle u-joints
Old 05-07-2009, 05:17 PM
JK Freak

Update...

I have spent way too much money on shipping driveshafts back...BUT, JE Reel was willing to reconfigure my OE 1310 shafts to their 1310 shafts with replacement flanges. First went the rear - NO MORE VIBRATION!. Then went the front - though there wasn't initially vibration from the front, that was at 4 degrees castor and the thing was all over the place. When I corrected castor to 6 degrees, a vibration started and was magnified like crazy in 4wd. Now with the reconfigured front driveshaft, the front is smooth again both in 2wd and 4wd.

I also took a short cut with the front. On the rear install, I meticulously measured rotational torque (pain in the (*%&#!). On the front, I followed the instructions for the Teraflex driveshafts which say to torque the pinion to 160 ftlbs and be done with it. Install was done in an hour!

I hope to finally put this vib thing to rest. However, after just rotating my tires, I have a slight shimmy in the rear. Probably a balance thing, or slight difference in tread wear (been 5 K since last rotation).
Old 05-07-2009, 05:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Just my 2 cents..............I had a issue with my JE Reel driveshaft a few months ago. I called and called and didn't get any traction on them helping me. I put the stock one back on and will be looking at a different brand.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

David at Northridge supplied me with the front JE Reel HD 1310 with yokes, in conjunction with the 1350 rear with a transfer case flange and a pinion yoke.
I run 7.1 degrees front caster with 3+" of lift on 35" Toyos and regularly maintain 85mph on the interstate.
My suspension is a OME/FullTraction/RockKrawler hybrid. I suspect that the proper positioning/control of the axles is a huge factor in driveline smoothness with aftermarket 1310 and/or 1350 driveshafts.

Extremely satisfied customer here, couldn't imagine a better running looking performing setup. I have practically no vibration, and a lot less than the factory drivelines.

Old 05-07-2009, 06:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by edwin907
David at Northridge supplied me with the front JE Reel HD 1310 with yokes, in conjunction with the 1350 rear with a transfer case flange and a pinion yoke.
I run 7.1 degrees front caster with 3+" of lift on 35" Toyos and regularly maintain 85mph on the interstate.
My suspension is a OME/FullTraction/RockKrawler hybrid. I suspect that the proper positioning/control of the axles is a huge factor in driveline smoothness with aftermarket 1310 and/or 1350 driveshafts.

Extremely satisfied customer here, couldn't imagine a better running looking performing setup. I have practically no vibration, and a lot less than the factory drivelines.

That's a nice looking jeep!

Quick Reply: Vibration Source!!!