Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Vibration with slight right turn 60mph

Old 01-03-2011, 05:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Vibration with slight right turn 60mph

Anyone have a similar issue? It happens when driving on the highway. The change in steering wheel input is so small that if I counter steer into wind it still vibrates.

It almost sounds like I'm on a "wake me up" rumble strip.

I'm lifted 4 inches or so, net bs of 3.25", 35x13.5 tires, stock ds and ca's, stock gears.

Thanks guys.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Bump

10chars
Old 01-04-2011, 05:18 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Harbourone
Anyone have a similar issue? It happens when driving on the highway. The change in steering wheel input is so small that if I counter steer into wind it still vibrates.

It almost sounds like I'm on a "wake me up" rumble strip.

I'm lifted 4 inches or so, net bs of 3.25", 35x13.5 tires, stock ds and ca's, stock gears.

Thanks guys.
Did you just install the lift and tires? Are you saying you have 3.25 back spacing? List some specific information about what your running? When it was installed? What if anything changed prior to your problem or whether you've had this issue since installing your lift and/or tires. People will surely help you out but we need info to do so.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:31 PM
JK Super Freak

It's done this since I first put my 35's on wayyy back before the lift, but it seems to come and go.

I've got ome hd springs, lt shocks, jks adjustable tracbars, spidertrax spacers, 325x65x18 gy duratracs on procomp wheels.

And the spacers + my 4.75 bs wheels = 3.25 bs

Last edited by Harbourone; 01-04-2011 at 06:34 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:36 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Harbourone
It's done this since I first put my 35's on wayyy back before the lift, but it seems to come and go.

I've got ome hd springs, lt shocks, jks adjustable tracbars, spidertrax spacers, 325x65x18 gy duratracs on procomp wheels.

And the spacers + my 4.75 bs wheels = 3.25 bs
Double check the tracbar to make sure it is torqued properly and you should have your tires checked to see if they are balanced properly, sometimes it takes more than one try to get it done correctly. Also rotate every oil change to ensure proper even wear. I rarely rotated my 33" bfg mt's and they wore unevenly and I had vibrations and iknow this cause when i purchased my 35's and drove it was a night and day difference there was zero vibration whatsoever.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Yea I just rotated my tires. It's vibrated with 3 different suspension settle. Stock height with 35's and winch and bumper no lift, tf leveling kit, and ome hd lt kit with trac bars and shocks.

I'm stumped. Ball joints were all new 8000 miles ago. So were the u joints. Maybe a wheel bearing?
Old 01-05-2011, 02:49 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you able to pinpoint where you feel/hear the vibe? Steering wheel, seat, frt, rear, whole cab?did the vibe change any feel direction with the rotation?
Old 01-05-2011, 03:08 PM
JK Newbie

Yep, if you checked everything else, I'd suspect a wheel bearing going bad, ambient truck/tire noise may prevent you from hearing any noise (grinding) from that side...
Old 01-05-2011, 07:00 PM
JK Newbie

Sometimes, if you have a bad wheel bearing, grabbing the top of the tire with both hands and trying to shake it will tell you if you have a bad bearing, if it moves or gives back and forth.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:30 PM
JK Newbie

check your trac bars again. if you turn on ur car and move the wheel back and for fast, if you hear a noise then your trac bar is most likely loose. also check your sway bars. i tightened them and my car is fine now

Quick Reply: Vibration with slight right turn 60mph