Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Vibration in the pedal, not the driveline

Old 01-10-2013, 06:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vibration in the pedal, not the driveline

So here it is, and yes I did search the forum for an answer to get that out of the way haha. So I have had my suspension on my JK since Christmas of 2010, installed my Pro-Rock end of February last year, and had the locker in the rear installed same time. Here is my dilemma.

While driving at no specific speed and not always while under acceleration I have a vibration that I feel in the floor and obviously in the pedal since thats where my foot is. In October I had the Jeep at Offroad Evolution for their $500 inspection and they didn't find anything that they could attribute to this vibration and after that whole service it still existed. I just had Piglet (that is my JK's name in all affection haha) at the driveline shop to get the shafts checked and the pinion bearings and after multiply test drives and pulling the shafts they have determined that its not a vibration in the drive line. When I put my after market shafts in the rear shortly thereafter I had my dashboard light up like a Christmas tree (ABS, ESP, and one other light) and these are always on.

Any thoughts anybody? Money is tight right now and I don't know what to begin pulling apart to investigate and I'm running into dead end after dead end anymore. Any help, thoughts or advice is greatly appreciated in advance.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Constant vibration or just when going through turns? I have the same issue from time to time when navigating sweeping right turns, was told it was a computer issue due to the larger tires. Feels a lot like abs kicking in, but no lights.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Straight line. Normally at it's worst between 30-45 MPH is the most I've noticed but it happens at all speeds. Doesn't feel like ESP kickin it doesn't feel like brakes.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:14 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Subwoofer? Mine vibrates the pedal and its not even crazy loud...
Old 01-10-2013, 06:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

No subwoofer, this is definitely not stereo. It does it with it on or off. Trying to pin-point where its coming from underneath.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:28 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just a thought lol no other ideas...
Old 01-10-2013, 06:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Maertz
Just a thought lol no other ideas...
Do you happen to have on board air? If so its it located off the break booster, maybe came loose. Reason I asked I had a similar issue, and my air pump was hitting my booster..

Trending Topics

Old 01-10-2013, 07:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

when you feel the shaking does it feel like the jeep is lagging? If so I have the same issue...almost feels like the tranny is slipping kinda or trying to figure out what gear it wants to be in.... running 2.5 lift with 35 Km2 (33ish), auto, 2dr
Old 02-28-2013, 05:49 PM
JK Newbie

Ive been noticing the same thing with mine. Drive and suspension are stock, 2007. Happens from thirty to forty five, and usually 1300-1500 rpm. All I have to do is let off the gas, or goose it to fix the issue.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Turns out my tires are cupped worse than I suspected, I have two new tires on order. Sorry I couldn't bring something better to the table

Quick Reply: Vibration in the pedal, not the driveline