Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Vibration with increase weight in jeep

Old 08-06-2012, 05:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflife
have you run your jeep with front shaft only to make sure the vibrations are coming from the rear shaft? if not, i would start there before spending any money.
I have not tried that. I currently do not run with a front shaft in when I am not wheelin.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Ryanc
I have not tried that. I currently do not run with a front shaft in when I am not wheelin.
Do driveline vibes typically take place at only 1 speed? Would a rear driveline vibration be felt in the steering wheel?
Old 08-07-2012, 01:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Do driveline vibes typically take place at only 1 speed? Would a rear driveline vibration be felt in the steering wheel?
????
Old 08-07-2012, 08:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Well, actually, if its vibrating at all then its vibrating all the time - but at one speed it will vibrate and resonate which is when you feel it most. When you feel it in the steering wheel, the steering column is resonating with the vibration speed of the drive shaft.

Resonate is a fancy word for "the speed when things really get honkin'". It could also be used with DW.

All this is based on the idea that it is the driveshaft that's vibrating.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:07 AM
JK Super Freak

How do you differentiate between bad angle and out of balance shaft? The feeling is more of a rhythmic buzz, does not have that rumble feeling. Kinds of feel like when the stereo is turned up too much.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:34 PM
JK Super Freak

How do you differentiate between bad angle and out of balance shaft? The feeling is more of a rhythmic buzz, does not have that rumble feeling. Kinds of feel like when the stereo is turned up too much.
Anyone?

Quick Reply: Vibration with increase weight in jeep