Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Vibration after drag link swap

Old 01-24-2016, 07:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jedg
Did you happen to check if your tie rod is tight? If I remember right, you have to drop at least the passenger side tie rod to get the drag link out. Perhaps it's not torqued to spec?
120fp in the passenger side and at the pitman arm I had to right the crap out of it with a breaker bar because the toque is to big
Old 01-25-2016, 01:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Could have thrown a weight. Those stupid stick on weights they use always come off. Is your suspension stock? If you have a lift without an adjustable track bar your axle could be shifted over. Jack up your rig by the dif and wiggle your tires, there should not be any ticking, thuds or movement (Besides your steering), if there is, its your ball joints. They actually go out a lot on JKs, should have seen mine I just replaced, and my jeep only has 40k miles. Check your drive shafts U joints for any play, also check your axle shafts ujoints too.

If your rig has high millage and you have never replaced your ball joints thats what I would put my money on.
Old 01-25-2016, 01:16 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by brankz
120fp in the passenger side and at the pitman arm I had to right the crap out of it with a breaker bar because the toque is to big
that is too much torque. 60-70 ft lbs tops, or you could strip the threats and make matters worse.
Old 01-25-2016, 02:09 PM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
that is too much torque. 60-70 ft lbs tops, or you could strip the threats and make matters worse.
Yep, that's too high, should be 63 ft lbs. Use this for a reference:

Project-JK.com - Jeep JK Wrangler Resource » Jeep JK Wrangler Torque Settings
Old 01-25-2016, 02:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go through these two videos.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-w...obbles-260145/

Once you do it a couple times you can check the front end over in a couple minutes at most. Pretty quick and easy check to find loose or worn components.
Old 01-25-2016, 05:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jedg
Yep, that's too high, should be 63 ft lbs. Use this for a reference: Project-JK.com - Jeep JK Wrangler Resource » Jeep JK Wrangler Torque Settings
Originally Posted by kjeeper10
Ops! Lmao!!
Oh well I have life time warrantee, today I grease them up and inflated the boot with the grease

When I get home I will take the torque down, if I mess the link I will just warrantee it
Old 01-25-2016, 06:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just adjusted the torque to the proper spect let's see if that fixes my problem

Cause on my way home I had a lil DE again
Old 01-29-2016, 08:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Edit

I learn something new, torque is super important and torque fixes everything lol

I torqued to the correct spect plus 2p more and everything for fix and my jeep drives like a Cadillac now hahahahha
Old 01-30-2016, 01:12 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by brankz
Edit I learn something new, torque is super important and torque fixes everything lol I torqued to the correct spect plus 2p more and everything for fix and my jeep drives like a Cadillac now hahahahha
Good deal. Now, stay with the specified torque. No need to over torque. You could break the bolt.

Also, check the bolts for proper torque at each oil change.
Old 02-04-2016, 07:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

DW is back and stronger than never can't have this crap no more
I will replace everything

Tie rod

Drag link

Trac bar

Rubi take off control arms

Quick Reply: Vibration after drag link swap