Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Viar 2on2, do you have one? Have an opinion? Something better?

Old 04-08-2013, 11:09 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Viar 2on2, do you have one? Have an opinion? Something better?

VIAIR Part 30005 - 2On2 380C System
I hope that 4 Wheel Parts is a sponser so that the link works.

I am thinking to mount this on my Jeep. (Viar 2on2 380C. Here are my concerns. My main idea is to air up 37" from 15 to 35 pounds rapidly without haivng to wait for the pump to cool. Also, I am thinking I can hit a switch and turn this on while finishing up the trail and it will fill the tank for me before I finish the trail. I was not able to confirm that on Viar website.

I was thinking I could run an impact wrench on the trail with this set up. However, I am not able to comfirm that on the Viar webside. People say when you have onboard air with a pump that you can run tools.

If you have some opinions, please chime in.

My other option is to buy just a pump and mount larger air on a trailer when I get one. I am plannig to buy a trailer of some sort to haul my Jeep, then I will have tools and could put plug in air for when back to the campground. Assuming I am staying at one. Perhaps onboard is the way to go?

-John
Old 04-08-2013, 11:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That should work well for you on all fronts.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:30 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by SiliconTi
That should work well for you on all fronts.
I am thinking the same thing. It would be nice to hear from someone that has one installed. I am curious about how difficult it is to mount and how well it works once it is intalled. Can I turn it on while driving to prepare for airing up? How well does it stand up to the weather, now that I know where it is mounted. Does it block air flow to the engine from the fan?

Most all, is it worth the purchase price?

I think this would be nicer than a power plant or stand alone compressor as it has a tank and can rate as high as 200 psi.

-John
Old 04-08-2013, 04:17 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by prelucir
I am thinking the same thing. It would be nice to hear from someone that has one installed. I am curious about how difficult it is to mount and how well it works once it is intalled. Can I turn it on while driving to prepare for airing up? How well does it stand up to the weather, now that I know where it is mounted. Does it block air flow to the engine from the fan?

Most all, is it worth the purchase price?

I think this would be nicer than a power plant or stand alone compressor as it has a tank and can rate as high as 200 psi.

-John
John,

The VIAIR 2on2 is a great system, and I have installed one of these kits myself in the past. You can definitely turn on the system while finishing up the trail, and the dual compressors do put out some CFM. Air tools is possible, but of course in moderate spurts. It has enough volume and CFM to back it up to remove all lugs on the wheel with an impact. Air ratchet is Ok in spurts, but the die grinder is very very short spurts, just because they use so much constant air.

I would recommend the Hi-Speed system over the Hi-Pressure, due to the higher CFM flow.

It does take a little time to install the system due to the bracket. It won't effect the cooling of the Jeep at all. Because the remote mountable filter go into the factory air box, they are very well sealed and durable to the elements. The only think that doesn't really come with a mount, is the regulator, which is left up to you for mounting.

We also are just about to have our own OBA systems released in the next 2 weeks, and have pre-order specials going. Ours will be a single or dual compressor system and uses a 2.0 gallon tank. Stainless hardware with integrated relay and it all fits under the Jeep. Below is a link to the some prototype photos of the system, as well as special pre-orde pricing in the pages towards the end.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/spon...system-252017/

Let us know if we can help you out further. Can also give us a call as well.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:40 AM
JK Freak

I went with the 2on2. I do not like the under belly installation. I am afraid I will hit it with a rock.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:44 AM
Former Vendor

No worries, and you will be happy with the 2on2 system. It is a nice setup.
I do want to mention that our system does not hang any lower than the gas tank or frame, so it's tucked up fairly well.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:12 AM
JK Freak

Just an update to my progress. I have watched the VIAIR vidoe 15 times or more by now. I have started the install. Unfortunately, the box did not come with all the parts. I am missing a bracket, but not that big of a deal (I think). Also, the video shows you how to hook up the air to the manifold, but the box does not contain and tubing for this function. That suprized me. Now I have to wait until I can buy some tubing to finish this install.

I am installing it in the back of my Jeep. I don't like the idea of the elements wearing on this system, even though it is built for it. Also, I like the ease of installing it inside the Jeep. If the noise bothers me too much, I will move it to under the hood.

I will post some photos when it is done.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TTT how do you like the 2on2? How did you wire it into the Jeep (via Spod by any chance?)
Old 11-15-2013, 06:26 AM
JK Freak

I completely forgot to come back and post a photo of the system. I have only used it once to fill up after off roading but is sure was nice to have my own air onboard. I will try to remember to post a photo today.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:02 AM
JK Freak

I went with an ARB twin using an under seat mount. It will fill a 2 gallon tank from 0 to 160 PSI in about 15 or 20 seconds, never officially timed it though.
The noise inside isn't bad and the wife doesn't giggle when I turn the compressor on.

Update... Timed the amount of time to fill the tank it is a minute 28 seconds (1:28).

Last edited by thegoat; 11-15-2013 at 08:14 PM.

Quick Reply: Viar 2on2, do you have one? Have an opinion? Something better?